Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Egypt or Turkey?

Home Archive Forums General Category Gossip Egypt or Turkey?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Diesel73
    quote :

Egypt, like all Middle Eastern countries, is extremely child friendly.  I have found that there are many many hotels all over the world that have restricted access to some facilities in order that those hotel guests who do NOT have children can relax. Thank God.

I think you got something wrong there, as God is THE biggest fan of children.  😉
    Hotels that have restricted access for kids is not extremely child friendly. They are not even child friendly at all.
    Calling it that even works against what kind of people they wish to attrackt. If that hotel just stands for it and call it ‘no kids allowed hotel’ a lot of people that got a problem with mini-humans would find those hotels easier.
    It would be a win-win situation for
    1-anti-kids people who have forgotten they were mini-humans once themselves,
    2-the anti-kids hotels,
    3-and people with a normal tolorant level that go to ‘all people inclusive’ hotels. As they won’t go there.

Have to say though, that although i’ve never been to the Middle Eastern countries i have not found a hotel yet that has that policy.
    Ah no  :surprise: , thàt’s a lie, have been to Tunise. But it was a ‘all humans aload’ hotel.

quote :

As there are 3 other pools, plus the sea and a children’s club for children there is no reason why they ned to access an olympic sized pool designed for competent swimmers who have better things to do than watch out for drowing children.

I could recomend you a hotel or10, 20 or even 30 where i have stayed, yet never saw a child drowning, or even near drowning.
    You must have seen some awefull things.  :surprise:

quote :

I don’t play in the children’s playground, I expect them to keep out of mine.

Than you don’t know what you are missing out on!  :tease: bwahaha, no seriously, i don’t either, but as less as i can care about drunken running around naked Brits, nitpicking stinky and load Germans,  stingy Dutchmen that bring their own jar of peanutbutter to the breakfast table, or even the new dog next door that keeps barking aaaaaaaaaall day…… i’m to egocentric and wrapped up in my own little space to be really bothered by someone else. Just behave and everybody can come play on MY playground.  :yes:

quote :

ps If I was running a “all you can eat” restaurant, I would view the entrance of Mr and Mrs Obese with some trepidation.

Thàt’s why you’ll never be the chefcook in your own restaurant.  😉

Diesel73

For the Turkey lovers… It’s going to be Turkey next year. Wife won  :canadian: hahaha.

Sweetypye

Hotels that have restricted access for kids is not extremely child friendly. They are not even child friendly at all.

What a ridiculous statement.  Children are not allowed in bars (Thank God) or nightclubs (Thank God) etc etc (I am sure that God would be particularly pleased that they are not.

I like dogs, I don’t want them EVERYWHERE, I don’t particularly like children, I certainly do not want them EVERYWHERE, in fact most parents I know do not want children EVERYWHERE, that is why they go out to certain locations, places and spots, to have some child free time.

If you like and WANT children everywhere, that is your choice, few hotels allow children everywhere.

There are hotels that cater for no adults, but as I said most people WANT areas that children are restricted from.  I know of very few “anti kids” hotels bar those which say, no kids allowed, the same way there are no dogs allowed in many hotels.

I have been fortunate to have lived in the Middle East for 15 years, and so can speak with first hand knowledge that this area and its hotels are not “anti kids”.

If hotels wish to cater for the LARGE market who wish to stay at a child free hotel, they are doing just that, catering for a market (many of them parents) who wish to have a vacation from chidren.

You are lucky to never have seen a child nearly drowning, I have seen several. As I said, I lived in the Middle East for 15 years where we swam nearly 10 months of the year, not just for a one or two week holiday.  And yes I have seen some awful things, bearing in mind that I lived in Lebanon during the Civil War.

I am sure Turkey will be wonderful, although, funnily enough there are hotels with “gasp” child free areas there too! 😉

But you have obviously stayed at some terribly down market hotels to see the things YOU have seen succh as the

about drunken running around naked Brits, nitpicking stinky and load Germans,  stingy Dutchmen that bring their own jar of peanutbutter to the breakfast table,

Thank God I have never frequented these sort of dives, but I realise not everyone can afford to stay in somewhere decent.

And I certainly would NEVER be the cook or chef in my own restaurant, a ghastly job, stuck in the kitchen all day with all that heat and humidity! YUK 🙂

Diesel73

Do you really want to go there? Ok, than, this is how i see it…

quote :

What a ridiculous statement.  Children are not allowed in bars (Thank God) or nightclubs (Thank God) etc etc

That’s for the protection of the children themselves. Not for the protection of the adults that can’t stand kids. Or adults that want some childfree time. Alcohol is a drug 😉 .

quote :

I don’t particularly like children, I certainly do not want them EVERYWHERE,

Thàt was obvious already.  :yes:

quote :

I know do not want children EVERYWHERE, that is why they go out to certain locations, places and spots, to have some child free time.

Be honest enough and just say ‘i don’t want children anywhere’. Thàt oppinion i could respect.

quote :

If you like and WANT children everywhere, that is your choice, few hotels allow children everywhere.

Wrong. If you don’t include disco’s, night bars and such, than you are wrong.

quote :

I have been fortunate to have lived in the Middle East for 15 years, and so can speak with first hand knowledge that this area and its hotels are not “anti kids”.

Than i am vèry fortunate to NOT live iin that area, as it possibly would have poluted my mind aswell.
    You truly have no clue anymore what childfriendly means.  :-\

quote :

You are lucky to never have seen a child nearly drowning, I have seen several. As I said, I lived in the Middle East for 15 years where we swam nearly 10 months of the year, not just for a one or two week holiday.  

You are assuming we swim like what? 14 days a year?  :canadian: , oh just keep thinking that. Buti  i’ll tell you a little secret anyways==> here we have indoor swimmingpools. Yes i do mean indoors! As in ‘pool is inside and conditions are tropical’. We like places like that, we can spend time with the kids, teach them how to swimm and… hmmm, those parents that you have been surrounded with thould have spend a few of those 10 months swimming to teach their own kids how to swimm  😉 .
    That’s awefull for you. Really, truly, i mean that. But it does make we wonder what the hell those parents  that go to places where you go are made of. They should get their head out of their backsides and realize that ‘holiday’ does NOT stand for ‘stop being a parent time’.

quote :

But you have obviously stayed at some terribly down market hotels to see the things YOU have seen succh as the

about drunken running around naked Brits, nitpicking stinky and load Germans,  stingy Dutchmen that bring their own jar of peanutbutter to the breakfast table,
    Thank God I have never frequented these sort of dives, but I realise not everyone can afford to stay in somewhere decent.

Ah, thàt must be the reason  ::) . Yeah, sure  :yes:

Well, of where i have been, this I can advise you, if you should ever go to those countries, and are thinking of The Kata Thani, 5 star hotel and beach resort Thailand Pucket? Don’t go there. Hilton Tokyo japan, don’t go there, Ikaros beach resort and spa in Greece, don’t even think about it.  Could continue if you like, but just don’t go there. It won’t be up to your expectations.  😉

Quite beating around the pot, Sweetypye. Just cut it out.
    Just say ‘i dislike kids and i don’t want any around me’. I won’t mind. You are entiteled to your own oppinion. And i respect honesty the most. But don’t make it look like asif the majority of the world thinks like you, cause there you are realy realy wrong. You don’t need to justify your disliking of kids at all. Cause that’s how it sound to me with you trying to convince me that aaaaall the places i have been are so ‘abnormal’ to be so peoplefriendly
    I, for instance, dislike people that have the same idea about kids as you do. I make no secret of it, and i do not hide it. Since I am entitled to my own thoughts and believes, so are you. So if you hate kids, just say so. Been searching myself though cause i never heared of such places, and i just can’t find any of such unfriendly hotels on our bookingsites nor in our brochures. It’s all about family holidays, and with ‘family’, we mean our whole family. Guess us Belgians are a weird and cabable of tolerance species  :tease: .

By the way, hotels that accept dogs… not so few here on the continent either.  😉

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime