Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Feeding – bev’s on a rant

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 211 total)
  • Author
    young

Any ideas what i can give Alfie for brekkie as he not allowed bones at the mo  :-\ 🙂

kizkiznobite

chunks of raw meat with no bone – glad he feeling better  🙂

young

That will please Ian  ::) 😀

Ok, what meat, Lamb, beef ect and how much roughly  ??? and i asume to frezze it first  ??? 🙂

kizkiznobite

about 3 oz of a cheap cut like lamb neck or pork rib without the bone in  🙂 and yes freeze it first  🙂

young

Great thanks  🙂

labattsbaby

Kiz, were these the two poms who has an allergic reaction?

good lord no – the 2 poms are very healthy

ops sorry – didnt mean to delete – thought i was quoting but i clicked modify message instead sorry  ::)

Tuna is a no no. And you dont need to be feeding dry kibble with all that lot. Plain mixer would be fine if you feel you need to add something  🙂

labattsbaby

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=3257.msg154412#msg154412 date=1183226273]
    Tuna is a no no. And you dont need to be feeding dry kibble with all that lot. Plain mixer would be fine if you feel you need to add something  🙂
    [/quote]

What is plain mixer? In the US or on some US sites I see them feeding their dogs tuna 😮

Anonymous

Tuna has high levels of mercury you will not need to add kibble or plain mixer you are only feeding a small dog just good meat and some veg will be enough it’s all about quality with small dogs you could add offal to your list

[quote author=labattsbaby link=topic=3257.msg154449#msg154449 date=1183230980]
    [quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=3257.msg154412#msg154412 date=1183226273]
    [/quote]

What is plain mixer? In the US or on some US sites I see them feeding their dogs tuna 😮
    [/quote]

labattsbaby

[quote author=Val link=topic=3257.msg154453#msg154453 date=1183231238]
    Tuna has high levels of mercury you will not need to add kibble or plain mixer you are only feeding a small dog just good meat and some veg will be enough it’s all about quality with small dogs you could add offal to your list

[quote author=labattsbaby link=topic=3257.msg154449#msg154449 date=1183230980]
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

I do not know what is Offal. Why is canned tuna full of mercury :o. this is a huge part of my diet as I often do low carb 😮

Anonymous

Offal is things like liver, and hearts.
    Sorry don’t do human diets just dogs  ;D so don’t feed to a dog or only in very small amounts, in the case of a Pom very small would be a few flakes oh and no salt in any food
    Val

labattsbaby

[quote author=Val link=topic=3257.msg154458#msg154458 date=1183231774]
    Offal is things like liver, and hearts.
    Sorry don’t do human diets just dogs  ;D so don’t feed to a dog or only in very small amounts, in the case of a Pom very small would be a few flakes oh and no salt in any food
    Val
    [/quote]

NO salt? What about canned sardines? 😮 Schitt, I bought 20 cans of sardines today and ten cand of tuna :-[. so Offals are liver and kidneys, hearts? I thought this was also no no for dogs :-\. I am confused as hello :-\

Anonymous

20 cans for a Pom is a bit of overkill, tinned sardine should be just that tinned they should not have salt added.
    I feel like a record but once again small dogs need quality they do not do quantity they get iron from offal a rabbit heart and some veg would be more than one meal for him
    Val

labattsbaby

[quote author=Val link=topic=3257.msg154474#msg154474 date=1183232904]
    20 cans for a Pom is a bit of overkill, tinned sardine should be just that tinned they should not have salt added.
    I feel like a record but once again small dogs need quality they do not do quantity they get iron from offal a rabbit heart and some veg would be more than one meal for him
    Val
    [/quote]

20 cans of sardines becasue they wree on special at 19 cents a can ;D, I usually pay 89 cents a can. Somehow they had  a really large surplus ;D so I capitalized on it ;D. I have a butcher that sells Rabbit, I will ask about the liver and hearts. what about Pig’s liver? Is that safe?

kizkiznobite

what did you feed your other dogs labat?

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime