Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

feeding for sammy

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs feeding for sammy

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

hi,

i’ve just read stan’s diet and he’s getting 2 scoops of bikkies + 1 tin of chappie every day …

now i dont know how he compares in size to sammy but she’s a fair sized dog you know and at the moment she is having about 1/2 an 825g tin of chappie a day and sometimes leaving a bit of that. 

does this sound right / ok ?  she is fat but not F A T if you get what i mean do i just up it a bit when she finishes the bowl ??  she seems to really want my lunch – should i give her lunch to get a bit more into her do you think she gets 45min ish per day long line walks.  i dont want to give her biks because i read akita’s are sensitive to wheat and i know collies can be too and at the moment her poop is OK a little on the soft side.

claire x

Has she been spayed CLaire – if she has I wouldnt worry to much, if she needs to drop some weight then its good shes not eating too much – have no idea what size the tin of chappie is – the big one right? to be fair doesnt seem a huge amount but thats cos honeys a pig – Buster doesnt eat that much either, how much does she weigh claire?

GSPmad

If she’s overweight so needs to lose some, and she’s eating 2 meals a day I would just leave her at that. If she was really that hungry she wouldn’t be leaving bits – it may just be that she’s used to begging at the table and that’s where the weight has come from, so she’s doing it from habit rather than because she’s hungry?

Anonymous

hi,

speyed – yes feb 08 and has gotten fat (my guess) partly due to that and partly due to the fact that she sits as close as she can get and virutally levitates your dinner off the plate with her eyes (suspect a less stubborn person would give in !!)

claire x

lol Claire! does that mean i cant sneak her food off my plate  ;D i seriously dont think you need to worry, sounds ok to me, has bev seen her yet?

Anonymous

hopefully bev coming tuesday 🙂

aaah – we have rules here … dogs eat from dog bowls not from people plates 🙂  besides if you snuck something to Sammy i couldnt guarentee the reliability of missus bonnie’s leaveit and you might lose the lot!!

claire x

GSPmad

[quote author=piglet link=topic=12926.msg248614#msg248614 date=1225579544]
    and virutally levitates your dinner off the plate with her eyes (suspect a less stubborn person would give in !!)

claire x
    [/quote]

sounds like dorain.  😀

bev is still minpinning i think.  :-\

[quote author=piglet link=topic=12926.msg248622#msg248622 date=1225579838]
    hopefully bev coming tuesday 🙂

aaah – we have rules here … dogs eat from dog bowls not from people plates 🙂  besides if you snuck something to Sammy i couldnt guarentee the reliability of missus bonnie’s leaveit and you might lose the lot!!

claire x
    [/quote]

LOL I wouldnt really feed them – is a good rule, cos means no one will feed Honey – who i do hope to god wont beg either  😀

Sammy settling well though yes?

Anonymous

hi,

aww, because of missus b i have to keep food in kitchen or playroom with doggies shut out in lounge 🙂

otherwise she will steel if i dont cue her and it makes harry cry 🙁

claire x

Oh bless little Bonnie  :-* and i should think it do make Harry cry!!  :-*  :-*

Lucyr

I own a female Akita as you know but I haven’t heard that they are particularly sensitive to wheat anymore than any other breed.

My girl is fed Arden Grange and is on around 380grams per day (I think) however Akita’s can be known to be quite fussy.  My girl sometimes will only eat a few mouthfuls for a couple days before resuming to eating a whole bowl.

Lucy

Anonymous

Hi,

ok cool i will try her on a few bikkies – she’s eating everything up now which is great 🙂

i think one problem is wills and bonnies smells different !!

Claire x

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime