Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

flea protection for a 1kg dog

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health flea protection for a 1kg dog

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    latifah

Hi i have a 1kg yorkshire terrier 14wk puppy, i was wondering if anyone had suggestions for flea treatment. I have religiously frontlined latifah and have never had a flea problem ever, i think pup came with fleas, i’ve combed her through with a nit comb nightly but looking online i noticed frontline starts from 2kg, She has her second jabs on monday. So i can get something from the vets, but prefer online as its cheaper. Thanks in advance.

Diesel73

Val has an awesume ‘critter repellant’ but i don’t know if the weight of the dog has anything to do with it. I only got big dogs  :-\ . But Val will answer shortly, am sure of it  😉 .

*Nat*

My cousin has a 2lb Chiuaua and uses Advocate on her, she’s 5 months old. They do different pipette sizes for different size dogs  🙂 I’ve used this on Sky recently as she had mites and its got rid of them  🙂

Val

Advocate it does fleas and worms and mange a lot of small breeds are often poorly after worming tablets, I have never had a problem using this product on my little ones
    Val

Val

No the spray is fine for all sizes
    Val

[quote author=Diesel73 link=topic=15433.msg277319#msg277319 date=1285959047]
    Val has an awesume ‘critter repellant’ but i don’t know if the weight of the dog has anything to do with it. I only got big dogs  :-\ . But Val will answer shortly, am sure of it  😉 .
    [/quote]

*jody*

[quote author=Val link=topic=15433.msg277331#msg277331 date=1286023918]
    Advocate it does fleas and worms and mange a lot of small breeds are often poorly after worming tablets, I have never had a problem using this product on my little ones
    Val
    [/quote]

I need to find out if this is one Whisper can have… sooner I get that MDR-1 test done the better  ::)

No point asking the vet, they still try to prescibe me Milbemax  ::)

*Nat*

[quote author=Val link=topic=15433.msg277331#msg277331 date=1286023918]
    Val
    [/quote]

Yep works well, Sky’s mites were Sarcoptes (fox mange) and it cleared them up very quickly with no side effects  🙂

latifah

Thanks for the help everyone. :happy: She had panacur paste for her worming, no side effects.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime