Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

fleas?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health fleas?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Mudgie

Nacho has bumps on his inner ears and the top of his head looks a bit “uneven”  I can find no evidence of fleas – he had a couple of bumps earlier in week which I thought may have been nettle rash – thats what it looks like mottled if you know what I mean.

There is no evidence of fleas and as I have never had a dog with them I wouldnt know what they looked like or what their bites looked like.  He is not scratching, has had no change to diet, same routine, but just think there must be something happening to cause the mottledness.  

If need be I will take him to vet but wondered if it was some sort of mite what is the best thing to get rid of it.  ?

Have attached a photo but to be honest it isnt much use – have taken 50 or so and you cant really see them on photo but they are bumpy and obvious

If you go to outer edge of ear (right side) and go up about2/3rds and in about a centimetre or so you can faintly see a couple of lighter bumps to gether.

Attachments:

Mudgie

maybe this will help a bit

Attachments:

kizkiznobite

easy way to spot flea activity is the shite they leave as they feed….small balls of black dust, like coal dust…if you wet a cotton ball with booze like vodka or gin and crush it leaves a bloody spot….it harvest mite time hun…and you in the right part of the country…it the larvae that attack look like mini red/orange spiders….they feed 3 ish days then drop off…leaving wee bumps, the bite humans too…like short fur…hard to spot on a weim …is that possible?  there is a thread on here re them ….

kizkiznobite
    Mudgie

he doesnt have any black specks have had a hunt – sure he is fed up with me rubbing him to get hair off him to try and find any – no ickle spiders or the likes either – he has been playing a lot in long grass full of thistles so I think it is most likely nettles.  However, if he had them in future what is quickest and most effective way of getting rid of them.  

I am always prevention better than cure but would like to have something in house in case they came visiting.  I worry about other dogs he walks with and if they have little friends on their fur that maybe want to relocate.

Nice link, very informative but not really keen on having them or any of their relatives thanks.

kizkiznobite

it just a good shampers really.,.,something like neem or quistel or maybe val can suggest better….they wee beggars and a bad case is reallt troublesome xxx

Mudgie

He had a baff at weekend with “dirty filthy animal” which has repellent stuff in it.  But will wait until val suggests also and get something to keep in house just in case… 

Mudgie

Nacho’s ears still not looking great – feel if it was nettles they would have gone by now.  Think he may have some sort of mite but can’t see any evidence.  only on edge of ears and is very obvious.  Think a visit to Uncle Frank may be in order.

**Woofums**

My girls mite allergy is really bad this year  🙁 . Used the Neem shampoo, which calmed it for a while & Aloe Vera gel on sore bits.
    I hate this time of year.

Mudge I know when Honey had reaction to nettles she was lumpy and sore for quite a while – was weeks before her skin looked normal again………….but if you not sure a quick scrape at the vets will settle your mind either way  :-*

Mudgie

i have an appointment tomorrow with uncle frank – have got the neem shampoo which I am going to do after appointment – will see what frank says – he doesnt have them anywhere but his ears but his ears feel and look like bubble wrap

Mudgie

Nacho finey finey – has reaction to either nettles or poison ivy.  Had a whole big conversation with vet aobut what I thought – he laffed examined him and said yep – off you go then and if you want to diagnose any other dogs in waiting room to save me a bit of time then feel free  ;D  Never charged us either  ;D 

*Nat*

Nice one  😀 Glad Nooch is ok  ;D

Diesel73
    quote :

has reaction to either nettles or poison ivy.

Nettles  ::) ……. Diesel says; only good nettle is burned to ashes nettle  >:( .

Diesman god few bumpystingies from nettle on his poor nose.

Mudgie

the bumps arent away – seriously considering a skin scrape – been almost 5 weeks now

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime