Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Flying Doug home to the UK

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Flying Doug home to the UK

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dougsmum

Evening all!

So my circumstances have now changed and it looks like i have to return to the UK.  ;Dk

I don’t have long to get stuff sorted because of visa issues (i won’t bore everyone) so it looks like i need to fly back home this week.

Doug has his passport etc and is all up to date with his Vaccinations but my biggest concern is his leg. It’s 4 weeks since he broke his leg and i’m worried this is going to prevent him from being able to fly? i have contacted the surgeon who performed the op as he is due to go for his one month check on Monday and he said he will check his bones etc and let me know if its advisable to travel him.  :what:

What do i do if he says no? im totally freaking out!!!!! he mentioned leaving him with friends until he is ok but lets be honest, i dont know any dog owner who would leave their beloved pooch in another country. Definately not control freak me anyway!!!!  :laugh:

I know this is a random question but im wondering if anyone has a clue about this? i mean can he say no to him travelling or is it just a matter of him advising me not to? Doug is doing well i think and walking on his bad leg and putting more pressure on it bit by bit.

Any thoughts or advice would be fab

Back to the rain and the wind for us then! YAY!!!!!!!! :ok:

Val

He will have to be passed fit to travel  :ok:
    Good Luck there is not point in worrying yet  :ok:

Dougsmum

Thanks Val. I thought as much…

Is this the kind of thing which would stop him from travelling? seeing as he’s mobile etc…

Val

If he’s mobile I don’t see a problem
    Val

[quote author=Dougsmum link=topic=14844.msg273194#msg273194 date=1256414086]
    Thanks Val. I thought as much…

Is this the kind of thing which would stop him from travelling? seeing as he’s mobile etc…
    [/quote]

Sarah Jane

Hi Jayne
    best to just get him home then take him to your vet for his check up………i wouldn’t even think about leaving him behind………Just get him home  🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime