Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

For Suz….the Duck incident…

Home Archive Forums General Category General Discussion For Suz….the Duck incident…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Izzie

Was at my last block week at college, we stay in a caravan, 3 people, 4 dogs. (my 2, and 2 papillons)

The site we stay at has a large ornamental pond next to the caravans, with fish and ducks. Normally when we come back from colege the owner calls the ducks in to bed. Unfortunately he was out! So Tuesday we come back from college, I tied the girls up to the picnic table as the caravan was too hot to put them in, go into the caravan to get their harnesses to tie them out properly.

As I got to the door to come out, I see the ducks, so I turned to my friend, and say sit on the bench otherwise we are gonna lose it. As I said it, Jess somehow manages to break free from her collar and it straight over to the ducks (who by this point were on the pond), she dives straight in, headfirst and is busy trying to get to these ducks, Myself and a friend rush over calling her, telling her to leave, etc, etc. The pond has 4ft banks, which are really steep. the ducks got out safely somehow, so there is Jess in the middle of this stagnent pond, trying to find the ducks, 3 of us are surrounding the pond still trying to call her out.

She eventually comes to me, and is put in a crate till the owners come home and put the ducks away.

4am that night, Jess wakes me up crying, take her out thinking she needed the loo, nothing. So go back to bed, 30 mins later she crying again, I get up get dressed and walk her round the grounds for her butt to explode 3 times, take her back to caravan, clean her up. go back and clean up the mess and then go back to sleep.

I went to college that day, meaning to do my practical assessment with Jess, but had to defer as she wasnt well enough. Inbetween that, I found out I have no tax on the car (month out of date! :-[) MOT was due and I managed to lock my car keys in the boot of the car.  :-[

Car is all sorted now, I have to do my practical in October now.

now that is not good (((((((((((((hugs))))))))))) no one deserves that much bad luck – and bad Jess chasing the ducks  😉  :-*  :-*

Izzie

I did try to swop Cubert for Jess, but Bev knew!  😀 😀 😀 p:-)

I was gobsmacked tbh Suz, Jess is the ‘good one’ of the two, its normally Trixie who is doing stuff like that.

And her collar wasnt broken, which I cant work out as she had it on all day, unless the clasp wasnt fixed properly!  :-\ ??? ???

hahaha yeah i think she might notice that swap  😀

Amazing how they can slip their collars when they want to  >:D

take it the ducks were ok?

Izzie

She broke free from the collar, literally, she didnt slip out, when I picked it up the clasp had come undone!

Ducks were fine, one lost their egg. but the next day, one had 5 duckling with her! :-*

The girls were promptly put in the caravan when we saw them!  🙂

Anonymous

oops – bonnie is partial to the odd duck or two “straight from the pond” !!!!

claire x

Izzie

I have a list as long as my arm on what Trixie has caught.  :-[

Thankfully Jess hasnt caught anything yet.

Oh I see – wow she must have pulled on it with some force  😮

Izzie

Its one of those side release type collars, so either she is bliming strong or it wasnt done up properly, as it hasnt come undone since!

>:D little devil  😉

Izzie

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=11959.msg229280#msg229280 date=1215552831]
    >:D little devil  😉
    [/quote]

Think I used stronger wording than that!  >:D 😀 😀 😀

Anonymous

got to kerb mine after Harry came out with his latest classic

“shut the bloody door mummy”

my all time favourite is still “i said no mummy” it cracks me every time !!!!

hahaha my niece did that once – her daddy had swore at a car that cut them up – two minutes later as he had to brake again * fucking car*  :-X :-X :-X :-X

Izzie

[quote author=piglet link=topic=11959.msg229296#msg229296 date=1215553779]
    got to kerb mine after Harry came out with his latest classic

“shut the bloody door mummy”

my all time favourite is still “i said no mummy” it cracks me every time !!!!
    [/quote]

Bless him, Harry is such a sweetheart!  :-* :-*

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=11959.msg229243#msg229243 date=1215547934]
    I get up get dressed and walk her round the grounds for her butt to explode 3 times
    [/quote]

PMSL! Im laughing only because i know the feeling, the best thing to do is laugh!  😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime