Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Foxhounds

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dog Breeds Foxhounds

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Izzie

Everything I have read about them seems to point that they should be in a pack

Anyone know of someone with one as a pet?

kizkiznobite

oh doG…please dont tell me you thinking of adopting a foxhound… :help:

i know folk that bring on a pup (like guide dogs but hunt pups) and i know folk that have homed retired/injured dogs…i don’t know anyone mad enough to have one as a pet…but…i guess they out there somewhere  ;D

*Nick*

I’ve met an American foxhound, never met an English, have met some alleged foxhound crosses but that also seems unlikely.  I don’t know of anyone who has one as a pet but as bev says, there probably is somewhere

Izzie

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=12560.msg242797#msg242797 date=1222553807]
    oh doG…please dont tell me you thinking of adopting a foxhound… :help:

i know folk that bring on a pup (like guide dogs but hunt pups) and i know folk that have homed retired/injured dogs…i don’t know anyone mad enough to have one as a pet…but…i guess they out there somewhere  ;D
    [/quote]

No not going to adopt a foxhound 😛

Someone has one in rescue 12ish week old pup 🙁

wags

Robin Page had one many years ago and he did a page in the horse and hound (every week) about what a kak pet it made and how it ate his house esp in hunting season

i know someone who had an X trail hound as a “pet” it killed deer, sheep etc etc etc

uh there is someone i know – shes a flyballer and its a rescue one think shes had it since pup though

our fell packs are totally diffrent though to the southern “horse” packs hounds

kizkiznobite

how does a 12 week fox hound end up in rescue  :-\ is mum an escapee

Izzie

Stray, Ireland, need I say more?

Anonymous

Hi,

my advice – they should put it down.

why?  because if they look for a pack and introduce it may well be killed by the pack (i have heard this with my local pack – the hounds can kill when they introduce new blood you have to be careful) and they are not pets if homed it may well kill something which results in it being destroyed.  Remember a hound pack would kill your pet dog no qualms.

Claire.

Yeah, i know a girl with two.   She’s very harsh in her methods and the dogs are just crazy.  She walks them on a nature reserve near me and the bitch (she has a male too) does off every time.  The girls way of dealing with this is to drive home and go back 7hours later to pick her up when she’s had enough  😮  Im not joking either!!!  >:(

Anonymous

Whew walk away  :ok: there was only fourteen registered with the KC and I can remember two being shown at Crufts a couple of years ago and the judge withholding all awards
    Val

Izzie

Don’t worry not going to get involved, just wanted try to get some more info on the breed.

kizkiznobite

i put up a vid …a vid that flaws me everytime…it feed time with a french pack…mind boggling…havnt a clue where it is but it real good stuff behaviour wise  🙂

*Nick*

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=12560.msg242845#msg242845 date=1222609652]
    i put up a vid …a vid that flaws me everytime…it feed time with a french pack…mind boggling…havnt a clue where it is but it real good stuff behaviour wise  🙂
    [/quote]

I’ve seen that vid Bev…frankly I find it obscene…………but then I don’t have a pack of 100 foxhounds.

Izzie

Thanks foxy, will have a proper look at that later

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime