Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Fritz caught a squirrel

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Fritz caught a squirrel

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    xtine

On the heath today…  😮 he spotted it from a way away and raced over.. squirrel ran around the trunk of a tree about a foot up and didn’t go up, just kept going round  :-\ so he got it  :-\
    We managed to get it off him after a few seconds but the damage was done we think… poor mr squirrel limped away and collapsed  :-\

we put him on his lead and lead him away no problem.. altho we got plenty of stares from the people nearby..  :-[

So now he has had success….

is squirrel killing something people can complain to wardens about?

And does this mean that Fritz’s drive for squirrels is going to go into overdrive now?

Anonymous

Squirrels are vermin so no one can complain really, a guy down our road shoots them with his air gun keeps them in the freezer and feeds them to his owl! wondered why I hadnt see any for a while 😀

grey squirrels are vermin and people are ‘incoraged’ (so to speak) to get rid of them, however if you are caught killing a red sqirrel then you can get a hefty fine

xtine

this was def a grey one… a now dead grey one  :-[

Would have been happier if he’d managed to kill it quick… didn;t want to see it struggle and suffer  :-\

greys are vermin and are killing our native reds so good on fritz ;D

Justine&Rafe

Good on him!!  Would certainly be kinder to the (rat in a tree) squirrel if you can get a hefty rock on its head if you know he’s pretty much done for it.  I know it sounds dreadful, but is better than leaving it to de a slow and painful death (sorry – that sounds really harsh!).  As hard as it is to do – is better for your karma!!

Also – word of warning – they can fight back and have a really really nasty bite.  Whatever you do, don’t try to pick one up after he’s got at one, and do do do check him over for little puncture marks – our old flattie caught one up on the moors and ended up having to go to the vets with a pretty badly swollen lip after being bitten.

If he does get bitten, probs better take him to the vets as bites very frequently get infected.

All that aside – go get ’em Fritz!!

sony

good on ya Fritz…Lucky you were quicker than old girl Rio..who almost got her nose bitten off by one..I notice she just stalks them now…”Once bitten twice shy”  >>>>>>OR maybe  she’s just  :scared:..

Well that will teach the squirrel to run around the tree instead of up  ::)

Hope you dont have any problems cos of this hun, guess just watch him next time you see a squirrel can understand you dont want him doing it regardless of whether they are vermin or not  :-*

*Nick*

Why are squirrels considered vermin?  :confused:

good on ya Fritz, next time, just one quick shake should do the job .

Anonymous

Since the greys came into the UK they have decimated the UK reds they are just rats with fluffy tail
    Val

*Nick*

so it’s just an ascetic thing? Reds are ok, greys aren’t. They’re all tree rats.    Are reds better looking?  ;D

Anonymous

I dont know think they are both cute really Reds a little smaller I think

Attachments:

Anonymous

The reds are very pretty and shy and don’t breed at the same rate as greys.
    Thats nothing to do with colour more like the greys are the bully boys and the reds are the ballerina’s
    There are very few area’s in the UK where they are left some places in Scotland and down near me on Browsea Island
    Val

[quote author=*Nick* link=topic=13538.msg258628#msg258628 date=1232894448]
    so it’s just an ascetic thing? Reds are ok, greys aren’t. They’re all tree rats.     Are reds better looking?  ;D

[/quote]

*Lassie*
    xtine

That was one of my fears.. that should he ever get hold of one they are nasty buggers…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime