Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Fritz caught a squirrel

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Fritz caught a squirrel

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Izzie

Welcometotheclubfritz  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Iisveryveryproud! -Trixie

Trixie caught on last week, whilst I was away  ::) The park keepers love her when she does as they ruin the trees and the plants – although it isnt very nice when she catches them in front of children :-[

xtine

you’ve got loads in your park i forgot  😀 i’ll send him down  :yes:

Izzie

Send him down!!!  :ok:

Next time will take him to loughton or fairlop lots of bunnies and stuff to sniff out!  :ok:

[quote author=Val link=topic=13538.msg258632#msg258632 date=1232903098]
    The reds are very pretty and shy and don’t breed at the same rate as greys.
    Thats nothing to do with colour more like the greys are the bully boys and the reds are the ballerina’s
    There are very few area’s in the UK where they are left some places in Scotland and down near me on Browsea Island
    Val

[quote author=*Nick* link=topic=13538.msg258628#msg258628 date=1232894448]
    so it’s just an ascetic thing? Reds are ok, greys aren’t. They’re all tree rats.     Are reds better looking?  ;D

[/quote]
    [/quote]

and on the Isle of wight ;D ;D

Anonymous

Loads in Dean Castle country park nr Kilmarnock, we use to walk there alot when we lived there, I do quite like squirrels, we had a whole family in our garden one year, was lovely to see them chasing about in the trees, drove the dogs mad though 😀 then the man with the owl moved in!

Justine&Rafe

*Nick*

Reds are native, greys aren’t.

Greys breed quicker and over a longer period than reds.  They are bigger than reds and out-compete them for food.

Greys carry a disease which they are immune to, but which is fatal to reds.

In areas where the grey squirrel has arrived, the native red squirrel has been found to be totally eradicated within 10 years because of all the above.

That is why we love to hate the greys!!  (Although in some parks the greys come and eat out of your hands – is hard to hate them then!)

Sweetypye

Nick I think that aesthetic is the word you are looking for, ascetic means something quite different! ;D ;D

Under the hunting act you could be prosecuted if you deliberately set your dogs on squirrels or any other wildlife!

So beware.

xtine

I did wonder.. am sure there was a case of someone getting into trouble for squirrel hunting in hyde park  :-\

xtine
    Sweetypye

From the DEFRA site:

The Act makes clear that hunting with dogs includes engaging alone or participating with others in the pursuit of a wild mammal where a dog is used in that pursuit. Hunting should be understood in its ordinary English meaning, which includes searching for wild mammals, chasing them, or pursuing them with the intention of catching or killing them. Hunting is an intentional activity and there can be no such thing as unintentional hunting. Thus, if a dog runs off after a squirrel in the park, the person accompanying the dog would not be guilty of unlawful hunting (unless he or she then used the dog to hunt the squirrel).

xtine

:-[  :-\  p:-)

Anonymous

well done Fritz – I don’t really like squirrels  😀

Sweetypye

I feel the same way about cats……….. fortunately my dogs do not like them either! :ok:

Justine&Rafe

You’d probably get a less favourable response if your dogs ate a cat tho!  😉

Aw, i love squirrels!  Im lucky enough to live 10mins from a red squirrel populated wood, Izzy is not allowed to chase reds  p:-) but greys are fair game

here’s a squirrel i see every time we go to the woods  🙂
    [img width=468 height=326]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g283/Foxisle_crazy/P1010113.jpg[/img]

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime