Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Fudge in season and being a right pain

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Fudge in season and being a right pain

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Misty23

She is being a right pain in the butt, no patience with the other dogs, giving them rowws all the time, anything I can give her

kizkiznobite

yep…clumbers and seasons  ::) they can be right mardy arsed grump pusses…

what day is she on….has she had tummy ache….is she bleeding heavy…is she keeping herself clean…are the other dogs up her bum much…is she off her food

she will learn to deal with them mary so it will be a bit better next time…

they do like to isolate themselves …brose would spend 2 weeks under the dining room table  ::) so make sure she has her own space….get a dap plug in going near her and if she fires off use the dap spray too….you can give her valerian…i use the liquid…100ml from holland and barrats…1/3 of 1ml morning and night…for pain i use st johns wort….again the liquid 1/3 of 1ml

make sure she drinks plenty…more than normal…goats milk and water at bedtime will settle her in the night if she restless…short play sessions one to one if she wants to in order to compensate for the not being able to go out….but given the choice and a bit of isolation i think you will find she will sleep it through…

bless she all growing up  🙂

Misty23

Hi Bev, she is on day 2 and is keeping herself clean, the other dogs are not really bothering her , she is bossing them about dreadully, if they have something she wouldn’t normally bother about she wants it…. she’s not bleeding heavily, and she is def off her food. I have the dap plug and spray, I have her crate out but she hasn;t made any attempt to go into it, I have been taing her in the car with me to stop her pestering the others.  She’s has goats milk, I have valerianm I will give her some, and will get the St John’s wart tomorrow

Thx again Bev she sure is a wee sod at the moment

Izzie

Or stamp her butt and send her down to me  😉 ;D ;D ;D

bless her  :-*

kizkiznobite

ok…well…brace yourself  🙂 she wont bleed heavy for a few days …she may be worse mood wise when she goes into her clear days…try not to re-enforce the whinges

would you say she is your up and coming pack manager?…what other dogs have you got at the moment?

Misty23

I would def say so Bev, I have 2 males a GSD x aged 13 springer aged 6,  1 female cocker aged 10 and the latest edition  cavi springer x aged 6 all dogs are nuetered/speyed, Fudge is relly showing dominance over them putting her neck over theirs,  she is not b eing nasty at all, just bossyI would be happy of she was pack manager as she is normally so even tempered. she is also at the stage of ignoring me and would  doesn;lt think the best place to be is beside me, so will have to address that

kizkiznobite

ok..then make sure you re-enforce her status…lots of acknowledgment of that status…fed first greeted first doors first last to bed first up etcetc…being an only pup with no siblings to practice on will have added some  ;D

hows her recall then if she at that stage  🙂  my advice is get that around your feet stuff…back it up if need be …go bacl to walking about dropping treats at feet with lots of talk/appraisal…keep calling her to you from short distances esp around the house and garden…

Misty23

thx Bev, will do

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime