Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

‘get me to the church on time’

Home Archive Forums General Category Gossip ‘get me to the church on time’

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 940 total)
  • Author
    xtine

[quote author=Gracie link=topic=10340.msg219525#msg219525 date=1212269765]
    Wednesday  ;D

[/quote]

so… how did it go???  ;D

i rang my shop to ask if I could go see it and try my shoes and hair band with it… they said I had to be patient and wait a bit longer  >:D

Gracie

well it was a nightmare, but all sorted now  ::)
    i toddle off with lil sis in tow she 16 wont sat boo to a goose, try on dress love it, they pin sis takes pics ask all the qs of when i come again when take it etc etc etc,

go home show mum the the pics as she wanted to be there but is a childminder and had too many kids to be let loose in a dress shop… and she says mmmmmm well it looks too high here, look at the back blah blah blah, and i say they sewing my sleaves (sp) on and i cant lift my arms all the way up…..
    so ring back the shop say not happy, and go with mum, kids in tow and my nana, who i didnt want to take coz she cant say anything nice about anything, try dress on again, and adjust the sleaves and its perfect, pulled it down a little (coz they must have pulled it up when doing the sleaves) and wow i loved it and me nan cried  ::)

but wow how hard is it to walk in a wedding dress  😮 dont look down  >:D thats what the shop kept saying  🙂

*Lassie*

Can’t wait to see piccies of you in it Gracie, bet you look stunning 😉

Gracie

need to get the bean cans out for my bingo wings  >:D

xtine

awwwwww pleased it worked out in the end  :-* glad you went back and got it sorted  🙂

you gonna share the pics?  :-\  ;D

when do you pick it up?

Gracie

4 more weeks,
    nope am not showing the pics, i’m pulling daft faces in them  😛

doesn anyone know about steaming the dress? the shop have pressed it and have said i need to take it home 6 8 weeks before the wedding and judt let it hang, train and all so all the creases in the train come out

well where the b****y hell do you hang a dress that big  :-\ mum has a terrible 2yr old, who i can just see finding a felt tip and drawing on it  >:D and i can see MIL to be showing all and sundry who come to visit her, my nanas house smells funny  😛 and my dad smokes, obv cant keep it here… so was wondering OH mum has a stean cleaner, do you think i will be able to steam it with that to get creases out a few days before?

xtine

does the dres shop offer that service? My friends did I think  :-\

Is a good question –  haven’t a clue what you’d do??

can the shop not keep it for you?

Gracie

nope the shop have pressed it but only way to store it is by hooking the train over the coathanger, which has caused creases,  the shop doesnt have the room to store the dress right up till the wedding so i HAVE to take it  :-\ they did say i could use a hair dryer on it  :-\ :-X
    just dont want to melt me dress >:D
    might try a cleaners and a dressmakers see what they say  🙂

*Lassie*

OH mum has a stean cleaner, do you think i will be able to steam it with that to get creases out a few days before?

Yes you can just put the iron on stream and hold it a few inches away from the dress you should make the dress slightly damp then the creases will drop out 😉

Gracie

thank you Lassie  :-*

xtine

How are the plans coming along ladies?  ;D

We are getting our invites made now.. think that’s one of the last things to do… but then I always think of something else sooner after that thought  😀

Gracie

am just about to order the stuff to make my invites , just been to see the vicar today to sort out the banns, gave the cake shop the final design, am taking sis for 1st fitting of bridesmaid dress tomorrow, and just bought a bargin veil off ebay

just need to sort hair makeup and tiara  🙂

xtine

ebay is amazing!! I love it  ;D

Gracie

veils arrived off ebay, nice just need to decide which one now!

and here is sis bridesmaid dress, chopped her head of as am sure she would not be happy posted on here

so how are you getting along Sarah?

any of you two decided on hair??

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 940 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime