Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Golden Oldies

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Golden Oldies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    .dodger.

Well my golden oldies are having a hell of a time at the moment  🙁

A couple of months ago 8 yr old Tila had surgery to repair her cruciate ligament, 5 weeks after surgery she broke the same leg! She had more surgery to fix that but since then she has had nothing but bother with infections and reactions to it so in another 10 days she goes back in to have the plate used to fix her broken leg removed.

11 yr old Lucy went in for surgery on a nasty lump on her leg and luckily we did pre-op bloods and saw issues with her liver function. A few blood tests, xrays and ultrasound later she has been diagnosed with arthritis of the spine, mass in her spleen, early liver disease and cataracts in both eyes. They joys of getting old ::)

Didn’t think much more could go wrong until I took Benji (also 11yrs) to work to keep Lucy company for her check up and one thing led to another and now he has just been diagnosed as hypothyroid.

Thank god for insurance! Trouble I have now is I only have a year for each condition…… worst mistake ever! I rant on about life time insurance to clients at work but this just shows how important it is. Two out of four dogs will now be on lifetime meds……… Thank god I work at a vets too 😀

Anonymous

Dodger:  Haven’t spoken to you before but wanted to say you have my sympathy. That’s a lot going on at one time.  Even tho I’ve only been posting since Nov 1 this yr, I have been following some of the posts for quite a while now, including yours when Dodger was around. Yes, good you have some insurance. Have been taking my chances w/that one. Once paid almost $600 for emergency vet during off-hours cuz thought my beloved mutt, Fraggle, had gulped down very serious pill I dropped on floor. Found out later 1/2 pill was still stuck up inside pill cutter where I couldn’t see it. Was too panicked to think to look way up under there. Had never happened before.  Insurance would have been helpful then.  Hoping for best possible health for Tila, Lucy & Benji.  Keep us posted.

——Fragusa

Oh blimey bless em!! i have all mine insured and conditions are covered for lifetime though is a limit on amount per condition per year but it fairly high. Honey not insured though which is a worry but would be too expensive now!!

Anonymous

How is Tila?  Have her plate removed yet?

—-Frags

.dodger.

Hi Frags

yes she had her plate removed two days ago. Wound is looking good and she is walking well with it so fingers crossed for a full recovery 😀

Anonymous

Oh, glad to hear that…and pretty picture!  :yes:

—-Frags

.dodger.

Thanks Frags, one of my fav pics of my gorgeous boyos xxx

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime