Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

grooming Q?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs grooming Q?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

stans coat seems thicker this year then last summer and he doesnt seem to be shedding it. is there any grooming things that i should do this summer to help keep him cool and get rid of a bit of his coat.

also ive heard that dogs ears are supposed to have the fur plucked out often and that the fur on thier feet should be cut ??? is this true

Val

You will know when he starts to dump coat you can’t pull it out.
    I would not think he needs his ears plucked or his feet trimmed
    Val

*Lassie*

Kerrie the coat helps to keep them cool, look at willow 😉 she is fine in the hot weather

kendal

the furminator, i know lost of people that use it and it is fab.

http://www.furminator.com/

I have the mikki version and its pants!! dont know about the furminater tho, might be better

i wouldnt be without my furminator BUT …

i wouldnt ever use one on a dog with sensitive skin or you will end up with it sore and probably infected as they are fairly brutal even with just a light hand on some coat types, furminators pull out the dogs undercoat which your boy will need especially if he sea swimming 🙂

ear plucking and feet trimming is for hobbit dogs like cubert lol !!! 😀

claire x

poor cubert 😀 😀

ok i think i will just leave him alone then, ive never done anything with his coat efore but after hearing about people shaving their dogs 😮 (not on here) i thought i would ask

To be honest id avoid the furminator – am sick of seeing dogs who have had it used on them without proper instruction – is all very well them selling it BUT someone uses it for their lab – brilliant cos it works, they tell their friend with a shih tzu – and the coat gets ripped out by the root……….

anyway back to stan – some dogs are starting to moult just ask my wesite owner today – others arnt just ask my toher westie owner today  😀 he will shed when hes ready.

kendal

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=13944.msg264101#msg264101 date=1237668755]
    To be honest id avoid the furminator – am sick of seeing dogs who have had it used on them without proper instruction – is all very well them selling it BUT someone uses it for their lab – brilliant cos it works, they tell their friend with a shih tzu – and the coat gets ripped out by the root……….
    [/quote]

i know exactly where you are coming from, i only recomend it to dogs that hav an under coate. would mever use it on my lot, as ther dont have a proper under coat.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime