Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Grooming Questions Thread!!

Home Archive Forums Sticky subjects Subjects to be kept Grooming Questions Thread!!

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 544 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Honey hates being combed out  ::) I swear if someone else had got her shed have been one of those dogs we dread seeing at work the ‘she wont let me brush her’ kind of dogs  >:D even now she gets her knickers in a twist about having her toes combed  ::) when ive finished combing a foot out she sits there holding it up like i just cut her bleeding toes right off – drama queen  😛  😀

merrow

lol poor honey ur so mean to her lol  😀
    teddy loves it well ok he dosnt really but he dose stand nicely for me, i use a pin toothed brush and then comb him out. teddy dont like the slicker brush either but the one i got from pets at home is really harsh so i got a soft one that we use on the dogs we have shaved off or with thin coats like the yorkshire terriers they r really soft 🙂 but i prefer the pinbrush

:-* :-* :-*

Anonymous

Bet your slicker is too hard you need a poodle slicker not so harsh
    Val

[quote author=xtine link=topic=5578.msg107790#msg107790 date=1167587279]
    Can anyone (Joly Val  ;)) advise on a good brush to use on Fritz?
    We have a detangling comb which we use on his beard and longer parts of his fur (legs etc) and a Mikki slicker brush.
    He will lie there all day with the detangler but he cannot stand the mikk brush. i;m guessing cause it feels harsh on his skin? Is there another type of brush that I could use on him or will the detangler do ok?

[/quote]

Sarah Jane

I use a comb mostly on my cockers with an odd brush through now and again i know what you mean about them not liking it much but it’s better than getting all knotty at the mo my Ebba is full of knots cos i’ve been busy with Jaz ans her pups if i don’t brush her every day she’s like fuzzy felt since she’s been spayed i hate it when she gets knotty i only bathed and conditioned her last saturday and with a full comb out …….but i guess i will just have to shave her all off again now that serves me right i will have a cocker that looks like a shaved sheep!!!!  :-[  😮  😀

xtine

[quote author=Val link=topic=5578.msg107823#msg107823 date=1167590029]
    Bet your slicker is too hard you need a poodle slicker not so harsh
    Val
    [/quote]
    Can you recommend a good one Val?

Anonymous

[quote author=Sarah Jane link=topic=5578.msg107843#msg107843 date=1167592639]
    I use a comb mostly on my cockers with an odd brush through now and again i know what you mean about them not liking it much but it’s better than getting all knotty at the mo my Ebba is full of knots cos i’ve been busy with Jaz ans her pups if i don’t brush her every day she’s like fuzzy felt since she’s been spayed i hate it when she gets knotty i only bathed and conditioned her last saturday and with a full comb out …….but i guess i will just have to shave her all off again now that serves me right i will have a cocker that looks like a shaved sheep!!!!  :-[  😮  😀
    [/quote]

Oooo slapped fingers for you lady!!!  😉 Is she thatbad? Try not to shave her hun – that wont help matters  :-*

merrow

ok well i dont no if this is a silly idea but i was thinking maybe to offer do a few ppl dogs sorta on the side to c if i can get better on my trimming and i tought that would be a good way of doing it, but i tought i would see what u lot tought about it. would i need  some sorta of insureance or any thing like that,  i tought if i could find some that lives close i could try offer to groom it and grow the coat a bit so  i can have a go at the diffrent trims and stuff like that

xxxxx

kizkiznobite

my personal thoughts on this are it is ok as long as you state/advertise exactly that – that you are a trainee and want dogs to practice on – i wouldnt have a problem with it at all

and yes – insurance is a must – not just incase something happens to the dog whilst with you but also in case you get bitten and can’t work

🙂

merrow

thank u i tought i would need insurance, i shall look in to that then i need to make more friends with unusal breeds 🙂

oh good yes i would always say it was to practice 🙂

Anonymous

I agree with Bev merrow practise makes perfect but you need insurance better safe than sorry

Anonymous

sounds good merrow, good luck with it :-*

merrow

ok i shall maybe look in to this thanks, it my birthay on the 7th of feb so might ask for a pair of clippers and blades as im so skint lol

xxxx

thanks  parker

merrow

wow thats cool joly hope she lets u. there are just so many breeds we dont do in the shop as there maybe isnt many of te breed around us like the mini schnauzer  we only do one in a show trim. but there is a lady who rescues them nr where i stay at the weekends and  recone if i say i will do it for free as long as i can strip it i think she will let me 🙂 so she might be the first person to ask lol

i guess its no diffrent from ppl lerning hairdressing i always c adverts up for free modles and things like that 🙂

Anonymous

any chance you can ask permission for before and after pics merrow ;D

kizkiznobite

any chance you can come here  ::)

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 544 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime