Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Grooming Questions Thread!!

Home Archive Forums Sticky subjects Subjects to be kept Grooming Questions Thread!!

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 544 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Uh Oh  🙁 depends how bad it is hun but i often see shih tzus with the knots on the inside of the legs and its really hard to get them out if they are too knotty she may have to have them clipped out. You need to teach her to lay on her side or her back so you can get to those places. She lets the groomer because we dont let them get away with it – you have to be firm get her up on a table like the groomer would – honey hates having legs and bits done too but she has no choice  😉

When is she getting her hair cut?

toppy

ok, will start to give it a go tonight when kids in bed! (less distraction)
    They feel like quite thick knots – well for her anyway! I take its best getting them out with the comb?

[quote author=Joly link=topic=5578.msg111611#msg111611 date=1168865125]
    When is she getting her hair cut?
    [/quote]

Rang around a few, but not getting the answers i wanted  :-\ someone even suggested shaving it all off and letting her grow again  😮 over my dead body!!
    Got one to ring back tomorrow that sounds sort of promising!

Anonymous

Hun it depends how bad her coat is without looking at it its hard to say – but she may well need a lot cutting off to sort it out – can you post some pics pull the hair apart so we can see the knots and get someone to hold her up and get one of the inside of her back legs. Yes tease them out with a comb but do it a bit at a time and she  (depending how thick they are) may not let you get it all out  :-\

And yes get her to a groomers asap  :-*

toppy

Will post some piccys later!! Her whole coat looks uneven! and she still got that bed head!  ::)

Anonymous

Lol poor Milly ok wil have a lok at the pics for you  :-*

toppy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4b4SlbbRVw

just watched this on youtube, and to be honest i found it a bit horrid! should they be using a brush like that on a dog that obviously has something wrong with its skin, i cant see the brush properly but looked like some kind of double sided slicker or something?? or is that the brush they should be using?  :-\

kizkiznobite

😮 how upsetting poor wee thing  🙁

toppy

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=5578.msg111711#msg111711 date=1168879201]
    😮 how upsetting poor wee thing  🙁
    [/quote]

Thats just what i thought to!  🙁 really felt for the little one!

kizkiznobite

i joined – and errmm sent a message  >:D

toppy

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=5578.msg111716#msg111716 date=1168879807]
    i joined – and errmm sent a message  >:D
    [/quote]

>:D  😀 someone should! surprised there isnt a lot of horrible comments left under the video to be honest!  :-\

I won’t show you one of the other vids i have found on there!  you really would be discusted! i think! the way it is being carried out anyway surely isnt right!  🙁

merrow

when u have her gromed do u have her shaved out underneth we do that loads for dogs with long coats i shave teddy out every time i bath him as hes a typical man and has no aim when he pees lol but he will lay on his side and get them out.

if u feel that u cant get to them then u can get sumone to hold her up so she stands on hr back legs so u cam groom all around the belly and grion 🙂

that poor dog its skin must be so sore to itch like that

is that one of the poochie brushes? i tought they r for getting knots out with

xxxx

Anonymous

If the brush is what i think it is i have some and they are brilliant  ;D And yes merrow i think it is the les pooch brushes and they are great for detangling  wouldnt be without mine  🙂

As for the poor dog it is indeed a little cruel putting a slicker on skin like that. But some dogs we groom have that reflex even without the bad skin – its not nice but they cant help it you want to try clipping them when they do that.  Certainly not very nice to take a video of it  ::)

merrow

we had a puppy mini in and we didnt get loads out of her as she had puppy coat, i dont no what the otheres would say but id keeep going at it till she got the adult coat tru, then if its still to wooly clip it.

but im sure the other will help 🙂

xtine

Thanks Bryony –  I forgot you groom too (sorry!)

I would have thought that it would come eventually wouldn’t it?

merrow

well i no that the srockers, cockers and springer usally get there adult coat at about 18months and sometimes they never look right as sometimes it just isnt ready to srtip out but it is worth the wait 🙂

but we do hardly any schnauzers in lowie but there is a lady who resuses minis and i am waiting for her to get one that hasnt been clippered so i can have a go lol

xxxx

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 544 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime