Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Grooming Questions Thread!!

Home Archive Forums Sticky subjects Subjects to be kept Grooming Questions Thread!!

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 544 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hard to say hun without looking at the coat BUT i had a six month schnauzer the other wek and he was well in need of a fair bit stripping off – depends on the dog – and depends on the groomers experience and capabilities to deal with a coat that isnt as harsh as it should be – there is certainly ways od dealing with it but she really needs to find a good groomer who can give her a bit more idea about what they are going to do with the coat –  ultimately though if the coat is that bad then she may have no option but to clip  :-\ got any pics hun that would be helpful really clear and a few up close??

Also i had a mini schnauzer whos coat was pretty bad and a year on its much better lot harsher from frequent stripping of what WOULD come out – its not perfect but neither do we have to clip it!!!

Anonymous

A good groomer could tidy a puppy coat till it is ready for stripping.
    A groomers dream is a dog walking in with a blown coat  ;D
    Val

xtine

I’ll see if I can get some pics for you to look at….

Val why is a blown coat a dream?

actually, what is a blown coat?  :-[

Anonymous

It’s when the dog is changing coats naturally you can pluck their dead coat out easy peesy

merrow

lol i like the border terriers when they have gone look  like mini busted sofas lol

xtine

so is that the fluffy bits on Fritz’s back legs / hips? Or when his coat grown enought o look scruffy again…

Anonymous

I have no idea on the grooming front but he lovely :-*

xtine

she…  😀

Cute isn’t she  🙂

Anonymous

I knew after I posted it he would be a she 😀

Anonymous

thats such a pretty name 😛

Anonymous

I dont see why they cant pull some of that off  ???  i bet if you brushed agaisnt the fur there would be really long bits waiting to be pulled off – my fingers are itching to have a go!!

kizkiznobite

saw alice today from next door – she had just been for her makeover – very stunning – looked like a silk purse with legs  ;D

Anonymous

What or who is Alice????

kizkiznobite

alice is our neighbour – our noisy neighbour  ;D has long conversationswith ami – she a champion ‘fritz’ dog who was rehomed by her person after her 3rd litter – she is now happily being spolit by the family next door – she is their first dog – she suffered bad seperation anxiety to start with after living with a pack but she fine now – the name alice really suits her – she is very snooty – very regal – she is lovely – will get them to email me a pic – she stands to be groomed being an ex show dog doesnt move when she should be still and offers the paws in turn  ;D mum can’t strip her tho so she goes back to her breeder to be done

Anonymous

Ahh i see – they look so smart when they are done dont they!!  ;DI had two mini schnauzers in yesterday but one of them Jake never looks tidy his coat is like cotton wool and when hes done he dunks his whole head in the water bowl and goes out looking a mess  ::)

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 544 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime