Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Grooming Questions Thread!!

Home Archive Forums Sticky subjects Subjects to be kept Grooming Questions Thread!!

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 544 total)
  • Author
    kizkiznobite

clippers got chucked out after you told me off  ::) and aint no way she will do noisey clippers in her armpits

Anonymous

Bet I could do it  ;D stick a stamp on her backside and mail her down

kizkiznobite

on her way as soon as she comes out of hiding  ::)

*Lassie*

And I thought I had problems with Willow and the stairs, must be like painting the forth bridge Kiz ~ no sooner you have finished its time to start again ;D

kizkiznobite

the breeders say do feet every month – and i do try – falkor and hollie are a dream to do really the go to sleep – brose has a nervous breakdown – she shakes so much her teeth chatter but she lets me do it – ami is just a nightmare – i have cut her a few times but the armpit was the worse – wilma can do her no bother but with me she wriggles and squeaks and licks and gets hyper and then i panic in case i cut her again and i am all dithery – sam – well poor lad – he been visiting groomers to be shaved so prob muzzled and tied up but he gets grumpy with me and the brush although mo can manage him but mo can’t trim feet  ::)

can cope with most of it – it just the feet – falkor was done 6 weeks ago and yesterday was trimming 3 inch lengths from the top between the claws

hehe ami just peaked from under the bed – saw the grooming bag was still out and scurried back  ;D >:D

Anonymous

😀  😀 too busy laughing to say much sorry  >:D  😀

But………….where are the before and after pics  😀  ;D

cjane

I’ve been advised to trim Tai’s feet and hocks and just looking for some pointers.  Which bits do I trim and what do I use?

CJ

merrow

im sure vall will help better but here gose

using ur fingers pull the hair out between the toes and trim that off so then they look like little osh cat feet sorta then tip the foot so u can see the pads and trim away the hair there and then if the leg fethering is long just tidy the bottom so its not on the floor

hocks i get my comb and bush it up or out so its pulled away from the leg and then trim it off if u left the foot and trim from the back of the pad up  i find it easyer to get the bottom that way  so then it should lay flat to the hock,i do both front fee then the dogs left back and then while im still there i left the dogs back right i can reach better this way and u can surport the dog underneith is its wobbly  thats how i do it 🙂

http://www.bryningbordercollies.com/phy/clim/45923/Paula-Ackary-s-slate-tri-merle.jpg

Anonymous

If you are talking show feet you need a pair of thinners but if you are talking pet feet scissors will do Merrow has posted the correct way remember always trim the feet downwards towards the toenails for a better fiinish

[quote author=cjane link=topic=5578.msg132036#msg132036 date=1174218912]
    I’ve been advised to trim Tai’s feet and hocks and just looking for some pointers.  Which bits do I trim and what do I use?

CJ
    [/quote]

cjane

Thanks Merrow.  So, looking down at his feet you want to be able to see separate toes? 

Val, what do you mean by ‘show feet’?

I have a pair of thinning scissors, where would I use them?

And the tip of his tail touches the floor, is this okay?

CJ

Anonymous

Screams don’t touch his tail showfeet are not mullered with a pair of scissors  ;D no you don’t want to see seperate toes neither do you want scissor mark, it is suppose to look like you have not done anything.
    Use the thinners on the top of his feet and his hocks between his pads you can use scissors
    Val

[quote author=cjane link=topic=5578.msg132101#msg132101 date=1174235978]
    Thanks Merrow.  So, looking down at his feet you want to be able to see separate toes? 

Val, what do you mean by ‘show feet’?

I have a pair of thinning scissors, where would I use them?

And the tip of his tail touches the floor, is this okay?

CJ
    [/quote]

merrow

u thin to give a more natral finish i think never even tought about doing that on a border colies foot i do it on some of the cockers and on the hocks of dogs but never on the feet, i love this site amazing what u learn on here.

cjane

Sorry, I’m having another ‘blonde’ moment.  Why do you do anything to the top of the feet between the toes then?  What look are you trying to achieve?

Between the pads I can understand, tidy-up and make even.  Hocks I can understand, they just look messy if not cut.  And front leg feathering at the bottom can also be messy, but top of feet between the toes  …?

CJ

merrow

i dont no any thing about the show bc but its ment to look like the haor has been worn a way natraly i think but this is a guess as some bc dont ever neeed trimming because they r walked or worked so much there hair is gradually worked a way so they never need trimming. 

so it the trimmed un trimmed look ur going for i think

hummmm see what val says, ok val how do u find out about all these little things because i was never told about thinning the hair away should i do this on other breeds as well ?

xx

Anonymous

Merrow
    I prefer an natural look on all breeds scissoring between the toes can make a dog itch as it grows back thinning looks more natural
    Val

[quote author=merrow link=topic=5578.msg132127#msg132127 date=1174239839]
    i dont no any thing about the show bc but its ment to look like the haor has been worn a way natraly i think but this is a guess as some bc dont ever neeed trimming because they r walked or worked so much there hair is gradually worked a way so they never need trimming. 

so it the trimmed un trimmed look ur going for i think

hummmm see what val says, ok val how do u find out about all these little things because i was never told about thinning the hair away should i do this on other breeds as well ?

xx
    [/quote]

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 544 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime