Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Grooming Questions Thread!!

Home Archive Forums Sticky subjects Subjects to be kept Grooming Questions Thread!!

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 544 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I have more than enough work thanks go see Suz  ;D she does a good SS plus she’s nearer.
    I am fed up with hand strips at the moment, have had all my terriers in the pass month the borders alone I have done nine in the last fortnight and still got more to come
    Val

[quote author=xtine link=topic=5578.msg144076#msg144076 date=1179000201]
    Pick any sunny day you like  😉
    [/quote]

quote :

have more than enough work thanks go see Suz  ;D  she does a good SS plus she’s nearer.

Why thank you  ;D

Val I always think handstrips are like buses – you dont see any for ages then loads come along  😉

Christine – am sure we can sort some thing out. Pm me or email me and we will get it sorted, I will ring my nan I think  😉

And im going to pretend I didnt see that shaver comment  😉  >:D

xtine

will do hun  😉 Thanks  :-*

Anonymous

This time of year is always my terrier time because the coats are blowing lots of folk round here has terriers add them to my regulars Scotties Westies GS SS MS plus two welsh and three fox terrier and a few Parsons I do a lot of stripping here in Swanage, add the daughter and her two plus a few rough coated JR
    What I don’t need is another SS  ;D Thanks Muchly

[quote author=Val link=topic=5578.msg144100#msg144100 date=1179001528]
    This time of year is always my terrier time because the coats are blowing lots of folk round here has terriers add them to my regulars Scotties Westies GS SS MS plus two welsh and three fox terrier and a few Parsons I do a lot of stripping here in Swanage, add the daughter and her two plus a few rough coated JR
    What I don’t need is another SS  ;D Thanks Muchly
    [/quote]

Lol – with that little lot I doubt youd notice one SS  😉  ;D

Anonymous

My thumb notices  ;D went passed the Nail shop today saw Tracey the owner sitting waiting for next client so I shot in and got my hands massaged could of sat there for three hours just having my thumb done
    [/quote]

Lol – with that little lot I doubt youd notice one SS  😉  ;D

[/quote]

Lol its never my thumb its always my first finger!  😀 I end up stripping with boths hands, its when I havent done any for a while then do some that it bothers me!

Anonymous

It’s an age thing as my daughter took great delight in telling me I have been a proper groomer for 43 years this month Bless the child and as I was four when I was grooming…. well having a go at dads dogs I have been at this stupid game for 57 years going off to shoot myself plus saving one for my eldest  ;D ;D ;D

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=5578.msg144112#msg144112 date=1179002555]
    Lol its never my thumb its always my first finger!  😀 I end up stripping with boths hands, its when I havent done any for a while then do some that it bothers me!
    [/quote]

😀 roflol!! I hope I get to groom for that long  ;D And bless you daughter  >:D  ;D

xtine

Kids eh?  😉

merrow

im getting some more grooming stuff scissors and what have u as iv got a bit of extra money

and was wondering if some of the other groomers could recomend me some good scissors size and all

im using roseline ithink they are 5.5 inch straight at the mo my first pair of scissors i love them but i think i need bigger ones i was thinking about 6 or 6.5 but iv been reading up and well im all a bit confuzzled what to go with there are once that have got stuff on them coating them and other that have been put in ice to harden them and well iv got no clue what so ever what would be the best to bye

im going to keep with just single edged thinning scissors as i thats  what i used to use and well teddys eye brows are mad and i think i igh take them back again lol as with all the rain he looks like he has stolen a schnauzers eyeborw lol

well any help would be grate

and while  was on a website i came a cross a stripping stone cold someone explain this to me as i hvnt herd of one of these b4

xxxxxxx

kizkiznobite

well as you know i aint no groomer  ;D but i would be lost without a pair of the surgeon type – like they use for clamping blood vessels sort of thing – the are sharp but round ended and the tip of the blades curl upwards – so i can’t jab and damage even when they wriggle about – the the only pair brose has confidence with – or rather confidence with me when using them  ::)

merrow

lol i no what ones u mean iv never used them,

im thinking of paying to do a grooming corse or something so wanted to get used to big girl scissors as mine are dinky but i like them lol

i can just picture brose face when the scissors coe out lol ur dogs all  sound so commical  😉

I only really use roseline scissors Bryony – have tried others but never been impressed. I have all sorts really teeny ones and I think the longest pair is 8 1/2 inches – something like that. Which ones I use depend on what im doing. Have also got two or three pairs of their thinners too. Double sided and single sided.

merrow

whats the difrence of the thinners ijust got the 6.5 rose line straiht scissors and a  single edge thinners  as iv only ever used the single sided ones do they have a diffrent finnished effect from the single sided ones ?

xxxx

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 544 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime