Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Grooming Questions Thread!!

Home Archive Forums Sticky subjects Subjects to be kept Grooming Questions Thread!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 544 total)
  • Author
    merrow

i will always fronline the cat but norman dosnt go out much any more so dosnt pick them up really i only fronline him if i think he needs it and teddy i only done 2 times so far i belive.

but if it keeps them at bay like when they r out on walks i would stop fronlining teddy

Anonymous

yeah but the question is does the frontline work on the cat 😉

merrow

lol it seems to of worked so far but to tell u the truth all it dose is sleep and eat its just a ball of sleeping fluff

Anonymous

I have a question too!!  ;D

Val, Joly……..
    Q: What is the spray you put on a SHOW dogs legs as I went to Windsor in July and a Schnauzer owner sprayed some of this stuff on to stop the fur on his legs blowing in the wind and getting messed up! He did really well in the end  😀

Anonymous

If I have listened rightly to val I’m sure it could only be water as anything else is a no no in the show ring!!

We’ll see if I have listened enough 😀

Anonymous

You have listened  :-* the KC rules state nothing to be added to the coat.

That said some people buy all sorts of sprays to use but if they were coat tested at a show like they can be they would lose everything they had won.

Val

[quote author=parker link=topic=5578.msg91752#msg91752 date=1163005532]
    If I have listened rightly to val I’m sure it could only be water as anything else is a no no in the show ring!!

We’ll see if I have listened enough 😀
    [/quote]

Anonymous

I’m glad want goes in stays in my brain ;D

Anonymous

Amazing what you can learn hey!  ;D

kizkiznobite

well – even i can tell when a clumber has been sprinkled with fullers earth – yukky stuff  ::)

toppy

What is a Chalk Block  used for???

and

Are detangler combs a waste of money??

And…… 😀

Alot of people say they use head and shoulders shampoo on their dogs, is there any reason why they would use this?? as quite a few people i know say they use it!!??

merrow

im not sure if its the stuff they use on dogs coats to make the white patches better and to mask stains and  that sorta thing, i  think u can bye theem in lots of diffrent shades i think

i spoke to a lady who rescues and rehomes mini schnauzers ans she has got a comb that turns and she said its a god send getting trough tangles but iv not used one or seen them in the shops

but saying that i dont no much so joly or val might corect me

Anonymous

A Chalk block is just that a block of chalk it’s use for whiting and drying showdogs detangler combs are OK bit flimsy for my taste

You should not use human shampoo on dogs the ph is wrong

Val

[quote author=toppy link=topic=5578.msg92322#msg92322 date=1163177136]
    What is a Chalk Block  used for???

and

Are detangler combs a waste of money??

And…… 😀

Alot of people say they use head and shoulders shampoo on their dogs, is there any reason why they would use this?? as quite a few people i know say they use it!!??
    [/quote]

toppy

I know you cant see too good in the pictures, but today we noticed, the hair on her ears, well if you part under the hair then the hair goes grey?? would it of always been like this, just her colouring!! not good pictures but they are really dark grey/silver when in natural light looking at it from the eye!???

Anonymous

Honeys ears are like that – even the blonder bits at the top are grey underneath! Shes got very grey all over in the last couple of years – all her neck is grey now!! And her litle muzzle has gone very white – you just cant really notice it because it looks normal – but compared to older pics its gone very white!

Anonymous

Her feet will stay that colour the shading may vary with coat change but not a lot
    Val

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 544 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime