Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Grooming Questions Thread!!

Home Archive Forums Sticky subjects Subjects to be kept Grooming Questions Thread!!

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 544 total)
  • Author

Poor boy – I dont let anyone near poodles when I am grooming them – they learn some manners and I do it myself -and I have groomed a horror of a poodle.

You know what drives me really mad – Ive just dried and fluffed up the topknot and someone comes along and strokes it  >:( I swear I could swing for people when they do that  ::)

merrow

lol when uv dryed up a really nice one with a grate coat and u spend ages trimming it and ur so pleased with ir and they pick it up and fuss it lol an mess it all up lol if it was my dog i no i would mess it all up lol or when its raining out side lol thats just anoying lol

i love doing poodles and bichons so much  ;D

i used to love it b4 as the other girl i worked with hated poodles and loved whw and i dont like doing whw so i did all her poodles and she would do most of the whw lol

Why dont you like doing westies? I never used to – then I took my C&G exam on one and Val gave me a couple of pointers and I really enjoy grooming them now  ;D

Anonymous

Westies are OK good competition dogs if you can get ya hands on a well shaped one  ;D

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=5578.msg160062#msg160062 date=1185561246]
    Why dont you like doing westies? I never used to – then I took my C&G exam on one and Val gave me a couple of pointers and I really enjoy grooming them now  ;D
    [/quote]

merrow

i love trimming them up but i hate shaving them and all the ones where i was last time were mainly shaved and i didnt like the finished look there for i didnt like doing them as i think they could look better, i enjoy doing there heads and if they have them trimmed on the back  love to do them, sounds silly i no

i prefer to scissor trim rather than clip on most breeds

i would love to be able to go to some of those grooming compertions and watch every one they are so far away need to bribe otherhalf lol

Anonymous

This is the next one merrow Carol has even got mock C&G

GROOMING FOR A LIVING
    Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
    Sunday 7th October 2007
    Lot’s Of Fun – Loads Of Valuable Tips
    To Include Features On Airedale Terriers, Miniature Schnauzers,
    Springer Spaniels & Bichon Frise.
    City & Guilds Mock Exam.
    Show Poodle – Bathing, Drying & Finishing.
    The Overdue Poodle – From Start To Finish.
    Revival Of The Parti Poodle – All 3 Sizes.
    Your Chance To Compete
    Creative Grooming – Let’s See How Creative You Are?
    Model Dog Grooming – What’s Yours Called?
    Call Carole Now To Enter – (01553) 816400
    Make New Friends – Meet Old Friends
    Have Lot’s Of Fun – Learn Lot’s Of New Techniques
    Be Inspired!
    Tickets £10/Person – Limited Supply
    Available Only From DeZynaDog

merrow

val ur a star thats not overly far from me really i no im nowhere near compeating level but i would so love to go and watch and learn lol i dont think teddy will aprciate the creative grooming i think he might be ready to pack his bed and move out when the manic panic blue and purple die arives lol

thanks again val

Know of any near me Val??

I am already planning to go to the one in er Sussex is it (the one I was going to do this year) next year  ;D dont know what im taking – need to find a nice dog  ;D dont know what I would like to take – well I do……….a poodle – but not sure if I will have one by then whos owner would let me take  :-\ quite fancy taking a schnauzer  :-\ will have to keep my eyes open for one, dont have any as customers yet  🙁 otherwise might go for a spaniel choices choices  ;D

Anonymous

No that the last one of the year must get the dates for the groomer of the year one.
    Find the poodle schnauzer are really hard for competition the owners don’t like them going round looking bald in patches  ;D what happened with the bedlington?

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=5578.msg160447#msg160447 date=1185737909]
    Know of any near me Val??

I am already planning to go to the one in er Sussex is it (the one I was going to do this year) next year  ;D dont know what im taking – need to find a nice dog   ;D dont know what I would like to take – well I do……….a poodle – but not sure if I will have one by then whos owner would let me take  :-\ quite fancy taking a schnauzer  :-\ will have to keep my eyes open for one, dont have any as customers yet  🙁 otherwise might go for a spaniel choices choices  ;D
    [/quote]

xtine

[quote author=Val link=topic=5578.msg160497#msg160497 date=1185744391]
    the owners don’t like them going round looking bald in patches  ;D
    [/quote]

I first saw this the other day –  it’s on aol
    http://members.aol.com/msbritmor/handstrip.html

I had never seen the ‘bald’ patch look before –  is that what needs to be done for a show coat?  😮

Anonymous

Yep thats the bald bits the site is American I think so is a bit over the top would love to do a head the way they do them

xtine

Poor dog must be embarrassed walking round with bald bits  ;D

Bedlington a no go now I work for myself  🙂

Will keep my eyes open for a poodle – I have my little standard if he ever grows out of being car sick am sure I could use him! Wouldnt hurt to ask anyway I suppose!

merrow

hi all i hope ur all well and all the dogs are all good  :-* :-* :-*

well i tried to take in all ur advise about the min i did and meet otto he is another of hers he is 10years old and a handsom man slightly over sized but he is a gentel boyo

i hope u think iv improved i forgot camera so pics were done on the fone really aoyed i forgot but they aint to bad

little boy isnt very well on his leg had a crosuat (sp) ligaments done and he is now limping on other leg so she thinks the other leg is going to need to operation on  :'( but he stood like a statue for the whole time if i was ever gonna compete i would use him he was an angel .

well i hope u think its good any critique is greatly appreciated

[img width=468 height=351]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/bryony-and-teddy/11082007002.jpg[/img]

merrow

[img width=468 height=351]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/bryony-and-teddy/11082007001.jpg[/img]
    [img width=468 height=351]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/bryony-and-teddy/11082007.jpg[/img]

xxxxx

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 544 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime