Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Grooming Questions Thread!!

Home Archive Forums Sticky subjects Subjects to be kept Grooming Questions Thread!!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 544 total)
  • Author
    toppy

So going grey isnt always just because they are getting old!? can just be the colour of their coat to?

Anonymous

She is a brindle shiddy which includes grey they like no colour in the legs for showing but a lot have colour, on a shiddy cross like Honey she is going grey with age as she is much more Lhasa than shiddy and she is a self colour
    Val

[quote author=toppy link=topic=5578.msg92843#msg92843 date=1163325135]
    So going grey isnt always just because they are getting old!? can just be the colour of their coat to?
    [/quote]

KarenM

HEY VAL! (or anyone else!)

I’m thinking of taking Dash to a groomers, I found one online quite local and they do everything I need for them to do.  He needs a bath and I can’t manage it at the moment, and it would be nice for him to be trimmed up a bit and sweet smelling – it can be his Christmas present!

My question is, should I be looking for certain qualifications or have a look out for anything in particular?  I asked if I could visit the premesis before making a decision, since I’ve never had to take a dog to a groomers before I’d like to check it out first before booking him in, I would think people have a look around first before taking their dog in?  They have pics of the place, but I’d still like to have a look…

any suggestions appreciated! Thanks!

Karen

Anonymous

Cleanliness would be top of my list if I was looking at another groomers you can’t help a bit of hair flying about but are the towels clean and folded is the floor clean is the table being wiped between dogs.
    Qualifications should be on the wall the most common is a City and Guilds be very clear on what you want them to do to him and don’t let anyone clip him he doesn’t need it
    The best people to ask are the clients
    Val

KarenM

Thanks, Val! Oh no clipping for him, definitely not!!!  I will keep all that in mind, an extra point of view from a professional doesn’t hurt, so thanks for replying!

merrow

there is a groomers round here that reuse towles  :-[ so its worth making sure that they have a washing machine. the amount of ppl from there who come to use after there dog catching fleas.

xxxx

hope he enjoys his pamper

toppy

;D hehe me again!!

Ok, milly is awful for getting dirty (as dogs do) but rather than her being white is looks a horrid smokey colour, dirty, rather than bathing her all the time to keep her coat white is there anything else i can do?? ive tried brushing her for ages, but it doesnt help, it gets the bits of sand/mud/snails out but doesnt make her white again????

i know one of you groomers will have a tip!  😀  😉

Anonymous

You could try grooming her with talc sprinkled thought her coat but really they are a high maintence breed that need baths
    Val

Anonymous

Got to agree with Val there – honeys white feet rarely look white for long – normally grey!  ::)

toppy

its not that i mind bathing her Val, its just i thought it would be bad for her coat or skin??

toppy

before i forget aswell, millys hair has grown soooo much and all the hair on her head is sticking up everywhere (just got out of bed look, she will be waking up soon for ‘potty’ so will get a pic  ;D )
    so anyway……..since im not g=taking her back to the groomers til after xmas –eekkkk- i know somewhere i think this has been brought up before but cnt find it  ::) the cling-ons – eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww, how do i get them off, or do i just take the scissors to them  >:D ??

We once rubbed with a baby wipe to try and get a cling on, and of course the poo heated up with us rubbing and omg the smell at least it want in my house  ;D  >:D but it was bad, friend didnt appreciate it as it was in her living room  😀

sorry get to the point woman………………………..how do i get rid of cling ons??

Anonymous

best thing – keep the hair short so no cling ons in the first place – id wash her back end then trim the fur – i dont like cutting them off because if they are too close to her skin you might cut her then she really will hate you!!!  ::)

toppy

ok will do that then! have done it once but just wondered if there is a better way, OH has that job!  ;D thanks joly

Anonymous

roflol lucky other half!  😀 and i will be watching out for her bedhead picture!  ;D

toppy

ok so what would you do with this????????  ;D  ;D   ;D  ;D

After EVERY sleep she wakes up like this as she spends about 20 mins rolling about to get comfy and then it takes me forever to come down again, is there anything i could use on her hair to keep it down joly while it grows??

This piccy was just taken now, when she woke up   ;D  ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 544 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime