Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Grooming Questions Thread!!

Home Archive Forums Sticky subjects Subjects to be kept Grooming Questions Thread!!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 544 total)
  • Author
    merrow

lol i no its amazing we had a lady yell at her kid must of been about 10ish for not brushing the mini poodle right wtf comes to mind

and this sarvo a rough collie she said hes in bit of a mess my husband hasnt kept up with the brushing  what she cant operate a brush ?

xxx

kizkiznobite

mmm bruno – was he grumpy?

merrow

he was lovely which i was pleased with as i hered the last one we did had to be muzzled, he was just nughty lol  ::)

kizkiznobite

in what way naughty?

merrow

he just woundnt stand just genral playing up the groomer but it didnt help as his mum wanted to stay to  ake sure he was ok but im sure next time he will be alot better with out her there 🙂 hope fully any way. and he wounld go in the kennel kept barking and moaning till we got him out.

xxx

lol i have recomended burns to a few ppl 🙂

she said that he dose always have infections but she dose keep them sorted but they had been ulcerated b4 weather or not it was b4 she got him in not sure i may mention it when she nexts comes in:)
    i did fall in love with his huge ears i gotta say

merrow

i am so gonna get the most use out of this thread lol

well we do a whw  and he has such a thin coat  he has him trimmed up all over but his coat seems to still be thinning out u can see his skin trough it. is this just say a bad coat or is there somthing which can be done to help improve the thickness of it?

xxx

Anonymous

Depends why it’s thin could be in the genes could be auto immune problems could be age
    Val

[quote author=merrow link=topic=5578.msg103939#msg103939 date=1165947466]

well we do a whw  and he has such a thin coat  he has him trimmed up all over but his coat seems to still be thinning out u can see his skin trough it. is this just say a bad coat or is there somthing which can be done to help improve the thickness of it?

xxx
    [/quote]

toppy

[quote author=Val link=topic=5578.msg103963#msg103963 date=1165951672]
    Depends why it’s thin could be in the genes could be auto immune problems could be age
    Val

[quote author=merrow link=topic=5578.msg103939#msg103939 date=1165947466]

xxx
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

I know this is going to sound soooooo stupid, but you know me ill ask anyway  😛  ;D

If you shave a humans hair, ‘most’ of the time it grows back quite quick and thicker than it was, does that go for dogs aswell??  :-\

Not that anyone would want to walk around with a naked dog or would do it, im just asking out of being curious!

Anonymous

we have lots of ‘thin’ westie coats round here – crap breeder – some of them are so thin you can see the skin through them  🙁

merrow

ahhh well he isnt very old but old enough  i tought it was due to bad breeding but woded if there was any thing to be done for helping it grow slightly thicker,

what is auto immune mean?

xx

toppy

[quote author=merrow link=topic=5578.msg103974#msg103974 date=1165952628]
    ahhh well he isnt very old but old enough  i tought it was due to bad breeding but woded if there was any thing to be done for helping it grow slightly thicker,

what is auto immune mean?

xx
    [/quote]

http://www.itsaspringthing.co.uk/autoimmune%20article.htm

Think that it!?

toppy

Well, gave milly a bath today, her hair is just growing soo fast, The only thing i have a problem with is the flippin hair on her head wont stay down, help  ???  i managed to keep it down sort of for 2 pics! so here are the pics how she is now??
    (not having no look with the groomers, looks like its going to be jan her next cut, dog knows how im going to mangae her with all this hair  ::)

Shes not fully dried on the pics, so some bits look a little straggly!!

[img width=351 height=468]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e212/monkeyhun/bath2.jpg[/img]

[img width=351 height=468]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e212/monkeyhun/bath1.jpg[/img]

Forgot to add, while brushing milly, she had cute a few balls of furr, not attatched to her but in her coat, they were like little knots (but as said not attatched to coat) she is grooomed every night, will these be bits of her puppy furr falling out or is this her coat changing cos of the season change?? (annoying little things they are)

Anonymous

Hun does she scratch a lot? honey when shes itching her ears gets these – they little knots where shes scratched and pulled the hair out  ::) least i think thats what your on about!!  :-* honey been scratching her ears a bit and she has had a few over the last few days!
    Bless Milly she dont look to bad – you need to get her a hairband!  ;D

toppy

haha i need to do something, after she has been playing all her coat on her head is in her eyes, her head hair is sooooo heavy and thick!!  ::)  😀

yea alot of the little dis-attatched knots were around her ears and some at the sides of her body (where she scratches) and the base of her tail has gone soooooo thin through her biting it!  :-\

Anonymous

Awww hun – that is exactly where honey scratches – though not so much the base of her tail. When are you moving milly on to raw?? When did she last have her anal glands done??

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 544 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime