Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

grrrrrrr

Home Archive Forums General Category Gossip grrrrrrr

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    *Nick*

today is Canadian Thanksgiving, and the whole fandamily is going over to J’s mothers for dinner…well almost the whole family. The MIL has made it clear that Sadie is not invited…well she can come if we tie her up in the backyard  :boooo:    I’m this close to not going at all.  Many times she’s made it obvious that she doesn’t like Sadie, has even purposely let her run out thefront door into the street a couple of times…….this woman has always been good to me over the years but her attitude towards Sadie is becoming a real problem…

anyway just needed to vent

GSPmad

I have family members like that – they are a menace.  >:D Duibh had to go on holiday to a friend for a week last Christmas as I wasn’t allowed to take both dogs to my grandmothers but going was complusory.  :-\ And Dorain got enough of a raw deal from family members as it was.  >:D (He got told to “B***** off” by aunt’s bloke – and what was he doing? – standing still about a foot away from him wagging his tail…..  >:D >:D >:D )

Just think – Sadie can have more fun at home with a nice marrow bone.  😉  ;D

Anonymous

Love me love my dogs….sod family 😛

I wouldnt have gone ;D

Anonymous

Thats me too Jay

[quote author=jaydex link=topic=12676.msg244845#msg244845 date=1223828763]
    Love me love my dogs….sod family 😛

I wouldnt have gone ;D
    [/quote]

i have refused to go several times when i have been asked to leave the dog(s) behind ;D

GSPmad

well yes… generally i just don’t go either if dogs aren’t invited… hence don’t see much of family…

but last year grandmother had kidney out with cancer, had blood clot removed from brain few years ago, and was to be a family xmas for her – possibly last (though she seems to have decided to disprove that idea) – and she wasn’t up to both dogs…. my first reaction was ‘ok if can’t bring them both won’t go’… but in that sort of situation had to go really…. and tbh i think duibh had a much more fun xmas on his holiday than he would have done otherwise, with another flatcoat and a springer to play with…

xtine

hmm… is a hard one.. but we weigh it up.. in terms of ‘what would be a better time for fritz’? so on saturday we went to see R’s dad…. we would be sleeping in their room (Fritz sleeps next to our bed at home) we would be in all sat night and all day Sunday followed by 2 – 4 hour drive up and back down depending on M1.. so we opted for him to stay with dog walker.. he was with his mates, and great long walks.. but we missed him like mad  :'( hate not having him with us at weekend  :'( but –  was a better weekend for him than it would have been  :-\

edited to add… R’s dad would not allow Fritz to sleep upstairs.. doubt that would have gone down well with F  :-\

*Nick*

well, it was an interesting evening to say the least….. everyone who walked through the door asked where Sadie was !  :happy:  J and her mum had a huge all night ‘snark-fest’  :butt:   and I drank myself numb  :laugh:

My problem is I take her everywhere. Whenever she’s not there I spend most of my time subconsciously looking for her  :gum:   and I can’t believe that anyone couldn’t like her!!  Everyone who meets her ends up smiling except for the MIL.   oh well

I know what you mean though, there are places and times when she’d definitely be happier left at home and sometimes I take her over to my mum and dads so she can play with her cousin Holly

anyway….can’t wait for the big Christmas family dinner  p:-)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime