Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

harvest mite advice

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health harvest mite advice

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

if its the same stuff they used to put in sweet itch cream its murder in your eyes (am sure i am not the only one to have done this !!)

Anonymous

Hallo And Welcome
    Mix the Benzyl Benzoate 50/50 with a quality dog shampoo give them a good scrub they will be fine
    Val 

[quote author=juliemac2008 link=topic=4751.msg238239#msg238239 date=1219834756]
    Is Benzyl safe to use on my 2 poor Westies who have got this orange warty rash from the ”chiggers”. I hope its not poisonous, what if they lick it ? Please help !
    [/quote]

spinney

:read: :yes:Harvest Mite /Chiggers SolutionWell we have two dogs A Jack cross & Collie Cross our rough coated Jack three years ago had terrible harvest mite I spent weeks looking for an answer and finally I found Kleen Green Naturally http://www.naturalginesis.com its chemical free, Hypoallergenic, its a multi purpose cleaner and insect solution its an enzyme cleaner you dilute the solution with water we use 2ozs of solution to 16ozs of water apply diluted solution with cotton wool making sure you wet all the areas we found them in between their toes on the nose under the chin summer is the worst time for these little monsters.
    The Enzymes in the diluted solution breaks down the harvest mite,and goes from very orange to brown this is then dying off at this stage but still apply the solution.We do ours sometimes twice a day in summer.
    We got our last lot from america as the company in Ireland were out of stock hope this is some help to all those with the dreaded Harvest Mite/Chiggers.

spinney

:read:did you see my advice for harvest mite its chemical free hypoallergenic its called kleen free solution we’ve usedit for a good couple of years I can only get it from america at the moment if you want the web address its http://www.naturalgenesis.com :crazy:

hmmmm im sure it was read – you dont need to push the product twice  😉

abi_G

I believe, frontline combo spray works for harvest mites. A friend of mine has a bichon and she was told to use that, bathe his feet with warm salt water and then use sudocrem between his toes to stop any itching. hope this helps 🙂

I wouldnt be spraying frontline on feet – specially if the feet are sore from the chewing.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime