Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Hello from Angela and Toby

Home Archive Forums General Category Introductions Hello from Angela and Toby

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone!  We went to the Shelter last week and were chosen by Toby to give him a good home.  He is a Lakeland cross, two years old, a handsome boy and very well behaved in the house.  We are having an interesting time out with Toby, he tries to tear off all the time on his lead, dragging and pulling this way and that goes crackers for other dogs!  I am a first time doggy owner so am finding it hard to get used to this side of him, although his cuddles and lovely nature in the home more than make up for it.  I have to say though, it is really scary when we have come across other dogs not on leads  😮 this will take some getting used to for both of us, I just hope he doesn’t get us into any scrapes!  Looking forward to our training sessions booked for February!  Hope to share our experiences of each other, love Toby and Angela

Anonymous

Hallo and Welcome

.dodger.

hiya and welcome from me and dodger!  ;D you’ll find loads of info on here that will help you out!  😉
    you’ve come to the best place  ;D

Hi and welcome from me+Izzy  🙂

kizkiznobite

hi and welcome and good on you for taking him on  🙂

give him time to settle – can take weeks and you wont know his baggage

loads in training etc etc -best place to be – general levels of criteria  – both in sticky area will start you off

what you feeding him on?

study the breed and what bred for – apply to what is happening then go for the correction

but he needs to settle  🙂

*Nat*

Hi and welcome – good for you for rescuing  🙂 Any pics of him yet?  ;D We’d love to see them  ;D

hi and welcome  🙂

well done for rescuing him, i have a 4yr old lakeland  ;D

Hi everyone, what a fast and warm welcome!  Toby is a little camera shy (and very suspicious of mobile phones!) but as soon as we get used to each other we will get some snaps on here.  Looking forward to learning more about his breed, you read so many conflicting stories so it is good to talk real experiences!

And kizkiznobite, he loves Bakers Complete but I am open to all suggestions!  He was very shy about food at first but his character is starting to come out and now he takes out the meaty chunks and eats them in the lounge, saving the veggie coloured bits to have in the kitchen!

Anonymous

Hello and welcome from me and Loki  ;D

Look forward to the pics.

Loads of info on here – especially about feeding and training  🙂

Anonymous

Hi & Welcome 🙂

Bakers ‘complete rubbish’  is What Kiz would say  😛 😛 😛 😛  Thats prob half the reason he’s so hyper!!
    Lots of people feed raw on here, but if you dont fancy that there are ‘better’ dried foods than Bakers. 🙂

Anonymous

hi and welcome  🙂

Dawn

Hello from Dawn, Jet, Andromeda, Galatea, Sheridan, Emerson, Voltaire, Eliot, Blake, and the cats Horatio, Hades, Amadeus and Oliver

xtine

Hi from me and Fritz  ;D

Hello and welcome  🙂

Get reading all the stickies specially the food and walking ones (bakers is rubbish honestly like feeding a child smarties every meal  😉 ) like Bev said he needs time to settle, but if you start reading now it will all have sunk in by the time hes settled a little  😉

*Lassie*

Hi and welcome from me Tam and Willow

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime