Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Help, food agression

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    dilly

Thanks for that will give it a try

Anonymous

Good calm is what you want  ;D we don’t use the Dom word on here as it’s really just about management, you need to train the wait sit and go greet when you have people come to your home if you stick it in the search box Kiz has written articles on this.
    As for the treats if you are wanting them for training look up training treats, if you can’t find it come back and someone will, the trouble with shop brought treats is they are full of rubbish that will send him hyper.
    If you want something to leave him with if you are out try a Kong
    Val

[quote author=dilly link=topic=11920.msg228264#msg228264 date=1215180863]
    My husband sat and hand fed him this morning and saying `mine`.He was quite happy and calm so we will keep trying.I was wondering if he’s trying to be dominant as well. A lot of time its just me and Dylan and he can sometimes act as if he owns the place. I’m being a bit more stricter with him to see if that helps. He can give a growl sometimes if I move him out the way i.e. if someone comes to door. He can be quite boisterous. Thanks for answering me kizkiznobite, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Should I not give any chews? Bought James Wellbeloved food for him today.
    [/quote]

dilly

Been feeding Dylan a bit at a time and no chews. How long before he can have full dinner and chews? If he growls, what is the best thing to do. As he is a pup and his back teeth will be coming in I would like to give him a chew, but worried he will growl. He won’t give chew up once he has got it

Anonymous

No chews he must have nothing that you can’t get back  😉 how are you doing with the mine/yours with his food?

[quote author=dilly link=topic=11920.msg228704#msg228704 date=1215352944]
    Been feeding Dylan a bit at a time and no chews. How long before he can have full dinner and chews? If he growls, what is the best thing to do. As he is a pup and his back teeth will be coming in I would like to give him a chew, but worried he will growl. He won’t give chew up once he has got it
    [/quote]

dilly

He’s totally fine with feeding him doing mine and yours, how long do you think I should do it? Thanks for all your help

Anonymous

Not a problem, if he fine no grumbling then start doing the leave, once you have that you should be able to start and stop him eating the object is for you to have full control over food don’t rush it take it calmly and quietly so he stops getting into a frenzy
    Val

[quote author=dilly link=topic=11920.msg228748#msg228748 date=1215365811]
    He’s totally fine with feeding him doing mine and yours, how long do you think I should do it? Thanks for all your help
    [/quote]

dilly

How do I do the `leave`? Do you mean I stop him eating during a meal? Can’t ever see him doing that, when left alone with his dinner he is in a total frenzy to eat it. I will try anything though

Anonymous

One ball at a time just as you have been doing. mine/leave thats why you do it in the hand because all you have to do is shut your hand if he goes near it when you have said leave.
    He will possible always be a pig or as we call them food inhalers thats not the problem here a ball or a brick in the bowl will slow him down.
    His problem is food aggression I think he pee’s because he has been shouted at or has been frightened when he eats, you should always be able to take food off a dog if you can’t it comes under the heading of a dangerous dog so stick with it.
    What was his kennel name ?

[quote author=dilly link=topic=11920.msg228785#msg228785 date=1215369567]
    How do I do the `leave`? Do you mean I stop him eating during a meal? Can’t ever see him doing that, when left alone with his dinner he is in a total frenzy to eat it. I will try anything though
    [/quote]

kizkiznobite

have you given him any bones at all yet?

Anonymous

I missed this bit full dinners I hope he is being feed all his food intake for the day (By hand)

[quote author=dilly link=topic=11920.msg228704#msg228704 date=1215352944]
    [/quote]

dilly

Been giving him his full dinner by hand doing the wait/leave and no bones or chews. His pedigree name is Louama Blue Print.

sounds like you are doing well, keep at it  🙂

Anonymous

Mrs Hunter owns the Affix there is no record of showing well it was worth a shot the showdogs are usually layback far more than a worker if it’s a worker pedigree they are much harder work
    Nice name for a Blue Roan

[quote author=dilly link=topic=11920.msg228941#msg228941 date=1215440784]
    Been giving him his full dinner by hand doing the wait/leave and no bones or chews. His pedigree name is Louama Blue Print.
    [/quote]

dilly

Thanks for checking Val. Let me know when you think I should be trying him with full dinner on own, and chews. Will keep feeding by hand till then, just hope it works, will be so disapointed if it doesn’t.

Misty23

It will work Jackie ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime