Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Help, food agression

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    kizkiznobite

what chews have you been giving?

i would be doing the mine your mine yours with a nice long bone

posts on here about it  🙂

Anonymous

If all is going well and you have the leave it, the next step is to put a handful on the floor tell him leave then let him have it see if he’s growling when it’s on the floor.
    I would stay away from a bowl for awhile yet as it may bring the devil back out by association, Food,Bowl,Growl,Pee.
    Think he will get his whole meal on the food before he gets a bowl.
    Did you get the papers with this lad when you brought him?
    Val

[quote author=dilly link=topic=11920.msg229041#msg229041 date=1215463811]
    Thanks for checking Val. Let me know when you think I should be trying him with full dinner on own, and chews. Will keep feeding by hand till then, just hope it works, will be so disapointed if it doesn’t.
    [/quote]

dilly

Yes I’ve got his papers. Will do what you said Val about food on floor. Will keep doing it by hand for another few days. I had been giving him pigs ears, gongs and rawhide. He protects them all. He’ll let me put treats on his paws or in front of him and he won’t touch till I say so. Its only when he’s left with anything that the wee`devil` comes out. Have checked the posts for mine yours mine yours but how do you do it with one object i.e. bone, chew. His favourite chews are pigs ears, might stop them for good. Think thats what started it all, used to be good with gong and rawhide

Anonymous

Have to say be careful where you buy pigs ears, there are posts on here about them.
    As for rawhide bin it  ;D what do you fill the kong with?
    What you do with a raw meaty bone is you hang on to it and let him chew while you are holding it then you have a chew (Not really) then you give it back all by hand, hope you are working on the leave it
    Who are his parents just trying to find out how he is bred as breeding plays a big part in a dogs makeup
    The treats on the paw tell me somehow you have mucked up feeding the main food  ::) never mind should be able to sort it fingers crossed  ;D
    Val

[quote author=dilly link=topic=11920.msg229225#msg229225 date=1215545364]
    Yes I’ve got his papers. Will do what you said Val about food on floor. Will keep doing it by hand for another few days. I had been giving him pigs ears, gongs and rawhide. He protects them all. He’ll let me put treats on his paws or in front of him and he won’t touch till I say so. Its only when he’s left with anything that the wee`devil` comes out. Have checked the posts for mine yours mine yours but how do you do it with one object i.e. bone, chew. His favourite chews are pigs ears, might stop them for good. Think thats what started it all, used to be good with gong and rawhide
    [/quote]

dilly

I fill his kong with either, mashed potatoes, cream cheese,peanut butter,chicken. I’ve got the 5 generation pedigree paper but can’t bloody make out who the parents are, sorry. I think I have mucked up the feeding somehow although why did he start this growling for no reason when you go near him when he has a chew and I mean he watches you and even just walking into the room he doesn’t like. I’ve never annoyed him when he has one or eats his dinner. Its a mystery to me, wee bugger.

Anonymous

The father is where it says sire and the mother is where it says dam.
    He feels he has to hang on to food when he gets it, if you can train bits on toes you will be able to stop him growling.
    Has he pee’d or been grumpy at anytime while you have been hand feeding him?
    Val

[quote author=dilly link=topic=11920.msg229259#msg229259 date=1215550539]
    I fill his kong with either, mashed potatoes, cream cheese,peanut butter,chicken. I’ve got the 5 generation pedigree paper but can’t bloody make out who the parents are, sorry. I think I have mucked up the feeding somehow although why did he start this growling for no reason when you go near him when he has a chew and I mean he watches you and even just walking into the room he doesn’t like. I’ve never annoyed him when he has one or eats his dinner. Its a mystery to me, wee bugger.
    [/quote]

dilly

It doesn’t say sire or dam on form. It’s numbers. think parents are 1 & 2, Craigdean Franks A Million At Luanshya & Louama I’m Lucky Too. He never growls or pee’s when hand fed

Anonymous

Thats good if he’s learning his manners and is calm around food keep up the good work
    Dad has been shown Mum hasn’t thats a worry can’t trace her
    Val

well done sounds like you are doing really well, just keep being patient and taking it slow  🙂

dilly

Thanks for looking into that Val, thats interesting.

Anonymous

If you can go back one more generation on the mothers side we may find out some more  ;D

[quote author=dilly link=topic=11920.msg229475#msg229475 date=1215622846]
    Thanks for looking into that Val, thats interesting.
    [/quote]

dilly

Maddymoss Enchantes is next generation on mums side.

Anonymous

Must of had a mother and a father  ;D Maddymoss is not an Affix so maybe getting somewhere now let me know the other dogs name

[quote author=dilly link=topic=11920.msg229511#msg229511 date=1215631143]
    Maddymoss Enchantes is next generation on mums side.
    [/quote]

dilly

Don’t know if I’m reading this right Val. The other names are Rancecraig Pick Pocket(SHCM),Rancecraig Highlander Of Turmalin, Pentlandview Hazel Delight,think that was grandad side. Grandmother side, Butterburn Right-On At Rancecraig, Caileag Selota.

Anonymous

Mmm could get a bit lost in that lot a pedigree always reads left to right the top name on the left is the sire the bottom one is the dam then the next ones are there parents and so on do you have a scanner if you mail it to me I can let you know some dogs are known
    Val

[quote author=dilly link=topic=11920.msg229531#msg229531 date=1215633556]
    Don’t know if I’m reading this right Val. The other names are Rancecraig Pick Pocket(SHCM),Rancecraig Highlander Of Turmalin, Pentlandview Hazel Delight,think that was grandad side. Grandmother side, Butterburn Right-On At Rancecraig, Caileag Selota.
    [/quote]

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime