Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

help! my dog is a barkaholic

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training help! my dog is a barkaholic

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi,

I am fair ready to knock my flipping stresshead william dog into the middle of next week after this last week. 

We had overcome serious mad barking issues to get everything nice and calm when we were not here.  This week next door (attached) have had the *rat dog from hell* staying and it barks the whole time they are out from the minute they walk out till the minute the key is turned getting home.  It disturbs our whole life mealtimes, sleeptimes, relationships – everything.  Next door and the dogs owners are your typical “we’re from lahndahnn and our family are ‘ard” and we get a tyrade of abuse hurled at us whenever we tell them its barking (yes even me cant get a word in!!).

Now, friday I went out for 2hrs and William barked almost constantly for 1hr then shutup, today we went to tesco and have come back to sporadic barks but with 2 x 5min mad barks i can also hear squeaking and clawing on the crate door.  They are in the room furthest from the road left with nice relaxation music on and a little treat with all doors / windows closed to deaden the sound from outside as much as possible. 

I am stressed about getting no proper sleep, i got so upset last night i called the police (because they are abusive to us) and they are supposed to be coming round today and called env health and left a message for monday.  When the police come they’re gonna have a “word” with next door and with bloody william barking we’re gonna seem no better WHY does he bark now !!!!

I think he knows i’m stressed to f*** he hates it when we’re apart I am just sick of him barking – they are much better when people come into the house/to the door when we are in but he still pisses me off when we’re playing ball and he wants it so he barks bark bark bark no wonder no-one wants to walk with us. 

He makes me so damn infuriated !!!! 

Claire x

*Lassie*

Claire he is probably being set off by the dog next day when you go shopping and if the family next door are noisy that wouldn’t help 🙁 you could try what Val suggested for Willow and the stairwell – earplugs for the dog 😉
    As far as the barking when overexcited for the ball if you crack that one let me know as Tam is a noisy git too, what I tend to do is stop what ever he is excited about until he is quiet but Kiz will have a better method I am sure 😉 ;D

kizkiznobite

chill claire..he just doing his job

Anonymous

Hi,

He has just done it again, we went out for an hour (to pc world to get a cctv camera so we can see what might be setting him off).

When we go out they have their “plinky” music on and they are as far away from attached next door as they can be now.  Its hard even to hear their dog barking from in here (but i know they have been in).  There is a possibility it could be the wee barker from next door the other side (Nick – she’s canadian!!!!  :canadian:) just how apt is that smiley !!!!!

It just feels like he’s distressed, he’s doing little sad cries and then little barks and then waiting and then more barks again.  Its really distressing for me and now I’ve got so cross and told the police about next door I feel they might try the same to us.  What are the police gonna care that my dog barks to warn and theirs to call its pack home 🙁  I was all set to give them big tin of sweetie and say c’mon lets try again but then they left the bloody thing last night.

It distresses me so much I feel physically sick and mentally drained just looking that he’s been noisey.  Why now, when I have to leave them starting this week for uni…  Last week I was really good they had nice walks every single day and 2 walks one day which they loved.

re: ball – i used to cue him “quiet” before i threw the ball and it worked for a while but then his bloodymindedness kicked in, i’m worried about these lumps that keep appearing and he wont go to bed when we tell him anymore unless you walk over and get cross then he shuffles in with his little scaredy dog movements.  Can you put whiskey in your dogs water ??

I took the dap out when misty went as it had ran out – do u think i should put it back in and get a new bottle ?

Claire x

p.s. on top of all that Bonnie has a sore ear keeps head shaking she’s scratched it till it was bleeding yesterday i feel like the dogs know i’m uptight about going back to uni and are just making sure i dont forget them !!!

Anonymous

also …

i thought that when bonnie was the boss she would relieve him of “his job” whys he still worrying about noises when she should be the one telling him if its needing barking at ?

claire x

*Nick*

bloody Canadians  :alien:

GSPmad

[quote author=piglet link=topic=12561.msg242847#msg242847 date=1222609875]
    also …

i thought that when bonnie was the boss she would relieve him of “his job” whys he still worrying about noises when she should be the one telling him if its needing barking at ?

claire x
    [/quote]

maybe she is telling him it needs barking at but wants to save her voice? he prob is just picking up on all the stress same as dorain is – and if rat dog is a temporary visitor then hopefully things will settle down once it goes away again and you back at uni and in a routine. unlike rat dog and kids next door here which never ruddy shut up…. i’ll sort your neighbours if you sort mine  >:D dorain refuses to go in garden for a pee if ratty dog is out there….

stick the dap on again and maybe try valerian? off topic – someone on another forum said valerian could have side effects but couldn’t remember what they were – can it – and if so what?  :-\ and have you got some ear stuff for bonnie – thought you had some for wills dog a bit ago? oh and if you get some dap spray, spray some of that on\round his bed then he might be happier about that too.

Claire hun you need to take the valerian yourself  :-*  :-*

I cant help with much – but Val said Wills lumps were ok didnt she – arnt they just cysts? You should feel Honey always finding new ones  :-*
    And you got vals ear cleaner for bonnie?

Anonymous

hi,

its gone its gone hip hip hooray !! 

valerian side effects – chilled 😀  … i have only got dorwest tablets – think they are for dogs only 🙂

got rescue remedy!

got ear cleaner yes, gave it a spray with that and then a puff of wound powder for the bleeding and all seems on the mend, wills back legs on the mend and i guess the lumps are cysts i just keep finding more and he gets a bit of a cough when he gets excited …. keep worrying its his heart or something.

Claire x

p.s. Suz – yours and honeys room is definately taking shape now 🙂

Did you post any pics of the lumps Claire?

Just stay calm right – orders from me and Honey  :yes: am glad the little rat dogs gone – thought you’d be calling pest control out for it soon  😉

Good good on the room – we are all set for the visit  ;D hopefully to see Bev too – and Honey wants wills and bonnie to show her ‘their’ walks  ;D  ;D

Anonymous

we will 🙂

our favourites are hunsbury country park and delapre park

claire x

lovely sounds great.

wills all quiet now?  :-*

Anonymous

TAKEN HIMSELF INTO BONNIES BED !!!

oops sorry about caps – doing uni stuff 1st lessons of a big 3rd year tomorrow eeeeeek

Anonymous

hi,

its gone its gone hip hip hooray !! 
    Good heave sigh of relief

valerian side effects – chilled 😀  … i have only got dorwest tablets – think they are for dogs only 🙂
    Dorwest is dogs only

got rescue remedy!
    Take half a bottle dogs will be fine with none

got ear cleaner yes, gave it a spray with that and then a puff of wound powder for the bleeding and all seems on the mend, wills back legs on the mend and i guess the lumps are cysts i just keep finding more and he gets a bit of a cough when he gets excited …. keep worrying its his heart or something.
    Spray give the ear a glug, Some dogs get lumpy with age Suz and I see it all the time as long as your fingers can go round them and they don’t get inflamed they will be fine and when did he last have a check up?

Claire x

p.s. Suz – yours and honeys room is definately taking shape now 🙂

Anonymous

Hi,

Suz – no pics but will get round to it – all busy getting me new pens together for skool startin 🙂

Val – goodness… he would have had a general “listen to heart / looks in ears / teeth” are there any problems (before its always been no) with his last set of jabs which must be ooooo now it could have been either a couple of months before you saw him or about 6mths after that (cant remember if i stopped 06 or 07.

he’s kinda always had a daft cough – bev said she thought KC or something might have damaged his airways before we got him he’d already done 6mths in kennels and before that been in 3 homes atleast and kennels before too.  its when he gets very excited and he has to cough its almost like an asthmatic cough now i think of it – when u cant get breath quite.  i know he’s only nearly 10 maybe i should treat him to vets for his birthday !  i could pop to hugh who bev knows with him.

Claire x

p.s. i have 2 bottles a “dog” one and “human” one (rescue remedy)

Claire x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime