Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

herbal/vitamin/mineral food supplements

Home Archive Forums General Category General Discussion herbal/vitamin/mineral food supplements

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    *Lassie*

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Vitamins/

The principle of self medication with herbal/vitamin/mineral food supplements would be restricted to ‘prescription only’ status, if the Codex Alimentarius is applied in this country.

Anonymous

You will all have to head for the countryside and pick your own  :agree:

*Lassie*

[quote author=Val link=topic=13310.msg255613#msg255613 date=1229968546]
    You will all have to head for the countryside and pick your own  :agree:
    [/quote]

Fine if you know one plant from another ;D

Anonymous

I honestly feel very mixed about this.  :-\  Of course I want to continue buying whatever I want  ::) but I also know that when people buy individual vitamins for instance, or not understanding that St Johns Wort can affect the contraceptive pill, then it can cause problems.
    Perhaps I’d like to see them only available from health food shops where staff have had some training rather than in Boots where much of the stock is as weak as Smarties and the staff don’t have a clue!  :-X

*Lassie*

[quote author=Rough link=topic=13310.msg255623#msg255623 date=1229970434]
    I honestly feel very mixed about this.  :-\  Of course I want to continue buying whatever I want  ::) but I also know that when people buy individual vitamins for instance, or not understanding that St Johns Wort can affect the contraceptive pill, then it can cause problems.
    Perhaps I’d like to see them only available from health food shops where staff have had some training rather than in Boots where much of the stock is as weak as Smarties and the staff don’t have a clue!   :-X
    [/quote]

That’s how I feel Rough :yes:
    If you can’t get them so easily it will make it difficult to get the supplements for the dogs without paying an arm and a leg, but the whole thing is a minefield

Anonymous

If it gets tough, remember that you have a contact here with a Practitioner Account!  😉 ;D :yes:

.dodger.

Perhaps I’d like to see them only available from health food shops where staff have had some training rather than in Boots where much of the stock is as weak as Smarties and the staff don’t have a clue!   :-X
    [/quote]

i’m glad you said that about st jons wort because i didn’t know :yes: i agree i always go to the health food shop to get my supplements for dodge, i always get advise from the woman who works there, she knows everything i need to know

*Nick*

We get our stuff from the health food store as well, very helpful clerks never bat an eyelid when I say it’s for me dog  ;D  probably because I look so unhealthy  :sick:

Diesel73

Perhaps I’d like to see them only available from health food shops where staff have had some training rather than in Boots where much of the stock is as weak as Smarties and the staff don’t have a clue!   :-X
    [/quote]
    With staff you never know if they had actual training or not. Not even in a pharmacy. And if they had any training at all, than what kind of it. Everybody can learn advertisingfolders by heart. What i would like to see change is that manufacturers have to include with the product a detailed piece of paper of the product. Like pharmaceutical companies have to do. Makes it much easier than the 2 sentences that are usually printed on the bottle.
    On prescription is not good. Will only drive the prices sky high.

xtine

I would probably buy more from H&B and places like that if I knew more about what i was buying.. there is never any info on bottles that is of any meaning to me at all…  :-\

Sweetypye

I avoid H & B as most of their products are not necessarily the best on the market; I find researching products via a non biased source is the best way of getting an unprejudiced view.

ps You should also be extremely careful using SJW in the sun………

[quote author=Sweetypye link=topic=13310.msg256015#msg256015 date=1230552965]
    I avoid H & B as most of their products are not necessarily the best on the market; I find researching products via a non biased source is the best way of getting an unprejudiced view.

ps You should also be extremely careful using SJW in the sun………[/quote]

why?  🙂

Sweetypye

because it can make you very photo sensitive, the effects are the same for humans and animals……………….

.dodger.

photo sensitive? :help:

Sweetypye

Sorry, mammals may lose hair/fur/skin and/or have rashes or even mental disturbances.

Hypericum (SJW) can appear in pasture land so affected animals may have to be kept indoors during the day.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime