Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

hey

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • Author

Now they are just the absolute cutest!!  :yes: love Gypsys goofy face  ;D

Hello from me (Lisa) and my Westie Floyd.
    You have lovely dogs and great photo’s.
    I’m so jealous of the walks you have done – I’d love to get involved with something like that.

kendal

yeah thought that was hilarious when she did that.

love the last one too its one of my mums faves.

sorry but have to post this i haven’t done any agility with Gypsy for months, i have just watched this video with her and i really need to get back into it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wptDmbdPpEI[/youtube]

kendal

[quote author=Hampshire Pets link=topic=12968.msg250147#msg250147 date=1226096202]
    Hello from me (Lisa) and my Westie Floyd.
    You have lovely dogs and great photo’s.
    I’m so jealous of the walks you have done – I’d love to get involved with something like that.
    [/quote]

you should definitely do it, it is such a phab feeling to reach the top.
    thats what we are trying to do with the forum, we want to get people from allover to get out and enjoy the beautiful country they live in and the mountains around them. even better if you can raise money doing it.

travis

Great pic’s,keep them coming 🙂

*Nat*

Great pics  ;D

Diesel73

Little late, but hey and welcome from me too.

GSPmad

[quote author=*Nick* link=topic=12968.msg249704#msg249704 date=1225976958]
    http://www.extremedogwalking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8
    [/quote]

thanks nick.  🙂

lovely vid – and gorgeous pics of the dogs.  🙂 Esp the chicken balancing act.  😀

did i see a rottie with a prong collar on the vid?  :-\

kendal

yeah a few of the dogs on the Ben Lomond walk had prongs on.

the balancing chicken on the nose was a big thing for me as mum said that what she could do with her two cockers so i was determined to i would do it with the girls. Gypsy picked up really quick but Inca took forever lol but she is just like that anyway, she took the longest to toilet train where as gypsy was good after a couple of days.

Anonymous

You walk your dogs with dogs wearing prong cllars and keep your mouth shut  :what: :what: :what:

[quote author=kendal link=topic=12968.msg251643#msg251643 date=1226780044]
    yeah a few of the dogs on the Ben Lomond walk had prongs on.

[/quote]

kendal

my girls have them. they are not as bad a they look, infact no where near. but everyone is intitled to there own opinion.

GSPmad

i encountered someone using a prong collar once.  >:( he said it didn’t stop his dog pulling – in fact i don’t think it did anything functional except cause the dog pain. what do you use them for?  ???

they remind me of mediaeval torture devices – and i tried one out on my arm once – it was sore.  :-\
    have to say from me they get a resounding  :boooo:

http://www.positivedogtraining.org/article/dog-training-prong-collar/

how did you teach that chicken trick? can’t see that being easy to do.  :surprise: my party piece is passing dorain a crisp from my mouth (yes i know crisps aren’t good for doggies, he doesn’t get many  ;D ).

Kendal – can I ask WHY you use them?  🙂

kendal

i use them because my dog pull when walked together, and  they hated the head hallti.
    we tried it on or neck before they went near our two and thought we would try them. the girls made no fuss and walked beautifully with them on, no whining or hacking/choking and no heavy panting.  for us it just seemed like the perfect choice.
    the girls get exited if i pick them up as they know it is walk time(where as with the haulti they ran a mile)

if the dog is alowed to pull constantly into the collar it has no effect, best thing to do is if they pull when walking let out some slack and stop the dog corrects its self and chooses not to pull. its not pain, just discomfort if they pull.

can i ask where the one you tried was from as ours were from the US and are rounded so as not to hurt the dog.

for the chicken i first held Gypsy muzzle and popped the treat on her nose and told her to stay and leave (you could start it off on you knee or something so the dog is used to looking at the treat but not touching it till you say) then you gradually let go and hope the dog keeps its head still. then use a releases command like ‘OK’  or ‘GET IT’ and they wil either drop their nose so the treat falls to the floor or flick it up in the air and catch it. so much fun :yes:

Izzie

A prong collar is not a training aid it is a management tool same as haltis, etc

You want them to walk on a loose lead, you need to teach them that. There is plenty on the board about how to teach it and have them walking on their flat collars within a few weeks.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime