Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Hey!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Lisa33

Hi all!  I know I’m not new but haven’t been on for quite some time! (permission to slap my wrists!!)

Been busy with Blu’s gundog training and must say he is coming on pretty well ;D  We are even getting a break through with his swimming fear!  He actually went into a pond yesterday so I’m trying to keep that consistant so he keeps at it!

We haven’t been doing too bad with the showing lately but now have moved up to Post Graduate which is a little scary as he still has a fair bit of maturing to do yet.  So I have made the decision to have a break from the shows up until Crufts and concentrate on his gundog work, which to be honest is munch more fun!! :yes:

Hope you all are well! 😉

Izzie

Welcome back Lisa 🙂

Well done on the progress with Blue!

*Nat*

Welcome back Lisa  ;D Great to hear Blu’s doing good  :ok:

Anonymous

[quote author=Lisa33 link=topic=12475.msg241042#msg241042 date=1221664327]
      So I have made the decision to have a break from the shows up until Crufts and concentrate on his gundog work, which to be honest is munch more fun!! :yes:

[/quote]

:nono: :nono:

Was talking about you to Val on saturday told her what you were doing and   that Blu was doing well but she said you must keep both going! Maybe you could manage 2 a month? shame for him to ‘get out’ of it as he was doing so well :-*

Anonymous

Hi Lisa
    Pleased to hear the lad has managed to dip a toe in the water  ::) even if you bung him into a show or two it will keep him going if you stop and do nothing he will go right back to leaning off judges etc
    Plus Crufts will be too much of a shock for him if he has not been in the ring
    Val

Lisa33

Thanks All! Nice to be back!! :ok:

Oh yes, I will put him into open shows through the next few months, just no more Champ Shows.  TBH there arn’t that many Champ Shows left now anyway, and the ones that are maybe not worth going to if you get my drift!! :whistle:

I wouldn’t want him going back to how he was!! Which is why we will stick to the odd open show. But on the other hand he has seemed to relax sooo much in the ring that his movement is poo!!  He is half asleep and I’m running faster than he is ::)  But he does stand nice and still for the judges!!  I just can’t get the happy medium can I?!  I suppose thats what I get from owning a weim!! :crazy:

Prem2Pram

*waving hands frantically in the air* Hey welcome back  ;D

welcome back  ;D

Anonymous

Ar that because he’s going through the motions you are not making it worth his while it’s called being ring dead.
    He’s just doing it because you are asking him and you have become to serious about it he’s reading your body  :ok: :agree: you need to up the anti as they say

[quote author=Lisa33 link=topic=12475.msg241121#msg241121 date=1221674622]
    Thanks All! Nice to be back!! :ok:

Oh yes, I will put him into open shows through the next few months, just no more Champ Shows.  TBH there arn’t that many Champ Shows left now anyway, and the ones that are maybe not worth going to if you get my drift!! :whistle:

I wouldn’t want him going back to how he was!! Which is why we will stick to the odd open show. But on the other hand he has seemed to relax sooo much in the ring that his movement is poo!!  He is half asleep and I’m running faster than he is ::)  But he does stand nice and still for the judges!!  I just can’t get the happy medium can I?!  I suppose thats what I get from owning a weim!! :crazy:
    [/quote]

poochiemama

well hun ur new to me so HI!!  hehe 

Mudgie

good to see Blu boy on – his mommy is running about the black forest in germany chasing lots of squirrels – any updated pics I could pass on  ;D

HELLO LISA!!! We need to meet up soon!!!  ;D  ;D Hugs to Blu and Emmy xx Hows the girls – tell them Honeys missed them this summer  :-*  :-*

.dodger.

Welcome back Lisa! 🙂 Glad Blu is doing well as a gun dog – any updated pic’s of him ;D

Diesel73

Lisaaaa! Welcome back.

Lisa33

Thanks guys! 

Val, how do I up the anti in the ring? :help:  I thought of letting my daughters now sit at the side of the ring to pep him up a bit ???  I was warned by other weim owners that once I start the gundog training he will loose interest in the ring! :boooo:

Suz!!  Hi, yes, we definatley have to meet up soon!  Girls are fine and it was only the day Eleanor was asking about Honey and William (the poodle)!!  They have missed her loads too!

I will try and get some pics on soon, especially from the one yesterday when he swam loads!!!!! :yes:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime