Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Hi All!

Home Archive Forums General Category Gossip Hi All!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Lisa33

I have posted in here instead of welcome as I’m a returning member… again!! :whistle:

I hope everyone is ok, we all are, I have a new addition to our family, Luna (yes, another weim!!) She came to us under very sad circumstances as my friend who bred her sadly died of cancer :'(  I was looking after Luna as she had broken her leg at 5 weeks old and while my friend’s other half was visiting the hospice it just took a little stress off him.  My friend then asked me if I would take Luna on as a gift as she knew I would work her.

I have made it my mission to do well with her in the field.  We have already made breed history with her in April as she is currently the youngest weim in the uk to have ever been graded at a Spring Pointing Test (hunting ability test) at just 7 and a half months old!  She has fantastic working ability and great potential, Blu is teaching her all he knows too! (Not necessarily a good thing!! :tease:)

I will try and get some pics of her on here if not, you can see her on my website.  

Blu has also been doing very well and has passed his Gundog Working Certificates on Dummies and Game and worked his first shooting season just gone.

Val

Pleased your back I like to hear of dogs doing what they were bred for sad about your friend but I am sure you will do her proud.
    Have you done anymore shows with Blu?

Someone I know with Wirehair’s was winning in the field Saturday then winning in the show ring Sunday she took both tickets and a RCC now thats what you can call a showdog.

Val

Lisa33

Thanks Val, Since I have been working my dogs I couldn’t imagine it any other way! It’s a thrill to watch them do what comes so naturally!

To be honest, since I have worked Blu he really doesn’t enjoy the show ring.  I know he didn’t to begin with but he is even worse now! I show him lightly at breed shows in the working classes and do the odd Open show just to keep him in the circuit! 

I have been lightly showing Luna just while she is in puppy but tbh she is a little on the small size at the moment as she was very small born (great working size though!) She still managed to get Best puppy bitch at Southern Counties! But she won’t make it to Crufts as she is legally docked, not really the end of the world though is it?!! ::) 😀

That wouldn’t be Sharon from the Bareve kennels with wirehairs would it? 

Gracie

Hello and welcome back, had a quick look on your website, they all look great. Well done for what you have acheived with them. 🙂

Val

Nothing is the end of the world and you know I qualify my girls for Cruft rarely take them LOL
    Yep Sharon did you see the weekend she had and what she won Brilliant
    Val

[quote author=Lisa33 link=topic=15246.msg275919#msg275919 date=1278437662]
    Thanks Val, Since I have been working my dogs I couldn’t imagine it any other way! It’s a thrill to watch them do what comes so naturally!

To be honest, since I have worked Blu he really doesn’t enjoy the show ring.  I know he didn’t to begin with but he is even worse now! I show him lightly at breed shows in the working classes and do the odd Open show just to keep him in the circuit! 

I have been lightly showing Luna just while she is in puppy but tbh she is a little on the small size at the moment as she was very small born (great working size though!) She still managed to get Best puppy bitch at Southern Counties! But she won’t make it to Crufts as she is legally docked, not really the end of the world though is it?!! ::) 😀

That wouldn’t be Sharon from the Bareve kennels with wirehairs would it? 
    [/quote]

Lisa33

Yes, I know Sharon, I was at the working test on Saturday too.  She got a first with Freddy in Open and I think it was a 3rd with her pup. 

Unfortunately Blu still has ‘issues’ with his water so we dropped marks and was about 5 points from 5th place ::)  we will get there in the end!!  he got a 5th the other week so can’t always have it!!  Luna couldn’t go as she is in season at the moment which is a real pain as she misses so many competitions! :boooo:

*Nat*

Hi Lisa, good to see you back and to hear how well your dogs are doing  🙂

I’m dogless at mo so not on here much but poke my head round the corner now and then  🙂

Hello again  ;D great to see you the other day and will set a definate date for august – Dexter does so have a thing for big dogs so he will be well happy  ;D  ;D

Lisa33

Thanks Gracie, Nat and Suz!  🙂

Great news for August Suz! Looking forward to it!

Lisa dunno if your busy but they got the fun dog show at bransbury park 1st august – if your free you should come along!  ;D

Lisa33

Thanks Suz, I’ll have a check and let you know. x

Anonymous

Hiya from us  ;D

Mudgie

Hi Lisa

Good to see you back on here – even if we do catch up elsewhere  ;D 

Great to hear all the updates on Blu.  Will send you some photos of cousin BB  and mummy Elsa soon  :-*

Diesel73

Lisa, great to see you again  😉 .

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime