Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

hi … you dont think what i thought was ringworm could be demodex do you ?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health hi … you dont think what i thought was ringworm could be demodex do you ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

just reading up about bev’s “a” quiz and demodex causes hair loss in patches.  will and bonnie are both itchy and can roughly trace it to when we met sammy.  harry and me have also got little bites on us ……. could it be flea allergy – i keep looking for fleas but cant see any

kizkiznobite

will look tomorrow afternoon claire

GSPmad

demodex isn’t infectious generally – i would worry more about something like cheyletiella mites.  :-\

Anonymous

i did that light thing and didnt see anything but that might not mean they aint there !  on sammy they are healing over.  bonnie has taken to laying on the blanket i brought from kennels for sammy its one of them old ppl scratchy ones i wonder if she’s got hot – scratched – infected ….

GSPmad

if they’ve all been lying on the blanket it could be washing powder they’ve used or something.  🙂

*Lassie*

harry and me have also got little bites on us ……. could it be flea allergy – i keep looking for fleas but cant see any

Just because you can’t see any don’t mean there ain’t any there, flea comb – white sheet and a bowl of soapy water to drown any you may find 😉

GSPmad

didn’t see the bit about the bites on you. demodex wouldn’t do that – cheyletiella can affect people.

http://www.provet.co.uk/health/diseases/cheyletiella.htm

Anonymous

this is her coat …

[img width=468 height=382]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/clairewarden/the%20gang/th_MOV00638.jpg[/img]

its rather long i’m afraid !

i havent got a flea comb would my furminator catch them ?

claire x

p.s. bites on us might be unrelated ! 

*Lassie*

Got a nit comb? same thing 😉 or any fine toothed comb
    Check base of tail, round the ears and around her bits ;D
    Call that a coat :what: will send you Willow next time she needs checking for fleas >:D

Anonymous

ok,

i gave bonnie a comb (mainly because she stands best) and 1 thing that moved came out !!!!  it was black and sortof beetle-like about 1-2 mm long very visible once in a pile of old coat on white paper … it definately flew / jumped off the paper onto me itch itch … grrr !!

never seen a flea before so off to investigate

rest of the coats look ok with a few black specks and some scurfy stuff (bonnie always has that – not new)

i been thinking – when harry started getting the bites is definately before sammy came but could have been after i visited her. 

claire.

GSPmad

that sounds like a flea.

Anonymous

it looked more like this

[img width=293 height=468]http://www.commandpestcontrol.com/images/flies.jpg[/img]
    than anything

Anonymous

oops i didnt realise it would do all them – soldier fly at the bottom on green

GSPmad
    GSPmad
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime