Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

hi … you dont think what i thought was ringworm could be demodex do you ?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health hi … you dont think what i thought was ringworm could be demodex do you ?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

aha – yep that looked like it

[img width=468 height=384]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1204/1410420640_348856ab75.jpg[/img]

OK – what do i do ??

i’ve never had fleas before !

should i give them frontline spot on (they’ve never reacted badly in the past) hoover everywhere and wash all the bedding etc … i guess

ooh eck !  i guess that explains sammy’s patches…

GSPmad

Those are flies.  :-\ Try the second page I posted cos that has links to other pages of pictures. Fleas do a defnite jumpingy type move – remember drowning them off the cat on a regular basis – always knew when she had fleas cos I got bitten, and then had to harass parents to treat….

ETA wrote that before you put the flea pic there.  ;D

GSPmad

http://www.nutrecare.co.uk/special_detail.asp?prod_id=1990

You probably need to treat the house – this is a pesticide free thingy house spray, have a look. I wouldn’t use the Frontline if they reacted to it – don’t know if Val’s insect repellant would do for treatment?  :-\

Anonymous

hi,

i said they didnt react to it !!  😉

all itchy now !!

should i treat them for tapeworms aswell ?

claire x

Anonymous

ok now i’m panicking ….

bubonic plague ……. typhus ………  did anyone else know you could get these from fleas ???

breathe 2 3 4 ….

GSPmad

bubonic plague is only found in small pockets in America as far as I’m aware – so you won’t be getting Bubonic Plague. Typhus is third world diseasse. Calm down.  :-*

and i misread your frontline and reaction bit sorry.  ;D

*Lassie*

rest of the coats look ok with a few black specks and some scurfy stuff (bonnie always has that – not new)

Black specks are flea dirt, wash all bedding, hoover all corners and empty the hoover afterwards and you need a household flea treatment like acclaim – don’t buy the cheap stuff from the pet shop, it don’t work.
    If you don’t want to frontline then get some Neem shampoo to wash the dogs with then use Val’s spray. Think it puts fleas off the dog but won’t kill them.

Firstly that is a flea – lovely glad to see its dead  😀 Secondly it highly unlikely you pooches or your family will catch anything nasty from them – cept a few bites  😉

House will need treating etc – beyond that am no help dont frontline Honey cos it makes her bad ditto any flea treatment so she normally gtes dumped in bath…………..

*Lassie*

[quote author=piglet link=topic=12960.msg249348#msg249348 date=1225827666]
    hi,

all itchy now !!

claire x
    [/quote]

If wormed regular then I can’t see the need

GSPmad

[quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=12960.msg249363#msg249363 date=1225832335]
    [quote author=piglet link=topic=12960.msg249348#msg249348 date=1225827666]
    hi,

all itchy now !!

claire x
    [/quote]

If wormed regular then I can’t see the need
    [/quote]

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_tapeworm.html

Anonymous

Claire for an intelligent woman and a half way house for rescues I am surpised you do not know what to do or what a flea looks like  :crazy:
    I can’r remember where it is but we did a full cleaning job on this board somewhere just a short time ago gave all the stuff to use in the house and on the dog.
    Boy you are going to be busy
    Val

*Lassie*
    Anonymous

Nope we did the how to get rid of fleas in the home without chemicals  :ok:

*Lassie*

https://www.resources.dogclub.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3762.105.html

‘Quote’

kill them the best way to get rid of fleas is the hoover you can spray a mix of  10ml neem oil, a dash of washing up liquid and top this up with water test it in an area of carpet or furnishing before use as it can mark fabric or you could use dried lavender, cedar, mint or rosemary as fleas hate these sprinkle on the carpets leave for an hour or so and hoover up don’t forget to wash the dogs bed and do all round the edge of the room you could make up sachets of these herbs and stick them into the suite or under the dogs bed in fact anywhere makes a room smell lovely

AND

Turbo-Neem Powder
    leaves may be brewed overnight producing a virtually odourless, non-greasy solution that may be used to deter bugs around your home, such as ants, fleas, bed bugs, moths & cockroaches. Non-toxic to humans & pets

http://www.theneemteam.co.uk/acatalog/Neem_for_Pets.html?gclid=CPfX79ugrpQCFQpPQgodERSvtg

Anonymous

Hi,

firstly, val … i’ve never owned, fostered or cared for a dog with flea’s in rescue –  i dunno how not … just one of them lucky things i guess ??  i’d not seen a tick either till we got misty this year.  obviously i know the chemical things to do and i’m not a bit concerned about dosing my 2 up with flea + wormers but my concern is for sammy – if her itching thing is a flea reaction couldnt the chemical stuff set her off and hence pointless treating mine till i sorted her ?

thank GOD i am all laminate downstairs with a small rug so thats all now hoovered and dog beds in the garage / washing machine – stripped mine and harry’s beds and re-made them and given upstairs carpets a good hoover. 

i’ve taken all of H’s favourite snuggle toys away which totally gutted him – alot of them cant be washed would a washing up liq solution on the surface be OK ??

Claire x

p.s. *hint* maybe bev will bring me some val grooming spray and stuff tomorrow 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime