Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

hi … you dont think what i thought was ringworm could be demodex do you ?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health hi … you dont think what i thought was ringworm could be demodex do you ?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

ok – spray and wormer ordered 🙂

claire x

kizkiznobite

have they got worms?

i certainly wouldnt chemical worm her if she has a flea allergy….her immune system will get a hit  :-\

Anonymous

hi,

H is bad enough with flea bites … worms i could do without and so her immune system might just have to tough it out!

claire x

Anonymous

ok,

well after hoovering (alot) today i have got 2 more adult fleas out of bonnies coat and a bit of dirt, teeny bit of dirt from wills.  washed all their beds (a task in itself)

i thought the way they were itching they would be crawling ?  i bought a flea comb and everything and most of where they are sore is white coat too … i just cant see any  more ?

also – william has a wierd growth on one of his front paws – gawd i’m never brushing them again – keep finding more wrong !!!

oh – atleast its kept them busy while fireworks go off !!

claire x

Claire HOney will chew and scrathc to death with just one flea – depends how sensitive they are, have seen dogs crawling with them and they dont seem bothered at all!

GSPmad

If they are allergic\ sensitive one bite can cause a big reaction – think itchy midgy bite and it only takes one.

Sounds like you’ve made a good start though.  :ok:

*Lassie*

Extremely hypersensitive animals are likely to be virtually free of fleas due to excessive self-grooming. In these cases, it is usually difficult to find evidence of fleas, thus making it more difficult to convince owners of the problem. Use of a fine-toothed flea comb (32 teeth/in.) facilitates finding of fleas and their excrement.
    From a vet site 😉

hey Lassie I wonder if thats why never find many on Honey – she will chew and lick…….dont tell me she eats the fleas  :vomit:

*Lassie*

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=12960.msg249541#msg249541 date=1225918484]
    hey Lassie I wonder if thats why never find many on Honey – she will chew and lick…….dont tell me she eats the fleas  :vomit:
    [/quote]

:yes: :yes: fraid so ;D
    Tam has a very bad reaction to flea bites and there has been a BIG flea problem this year as it has been humid and mild. Even my vet’s dog got fleas ;D

Gross and she licks my face  😛  😀

Tell me about it though – has only been in last week or so that i havent had dogs every day with fleas, they rife, poor owners being driven mad trying to get rid!  :boooo:

*Lassie*

The biggest problem though is if you don’t stop the itch – scratch cycle 🙁 poor dogs can end up with some very nasty skin infections that take a long time to heal :agree: bet you see it all the time.

OOH VAL…… have you got a nice cooling and calming spray for skin infections  :-*

:agree: and yep all the time, i normally tell them to put aloe vera on it – is what i stick on Honeys always seems to help, and MOST owners have it in the house even if it not for the dog  😀

Anonymous

hi,

well no adults on sam – just teeeeeny (like 5 pieces) of what might be dirt but is tiny specks barely visible.

hopefully spray will come tomorrow

i am putting the cream bev gave me on them for itching is there anything better ?  i have some lavender eucalyptus and corriander oils.  not sure where my aloe has gone !!

claire x

*Lassie*

They stopped scratching yet Claire?

Anonymous

Hi,

found my aloe and itching has stopped.  no more adults and my swoosh or whatever it is came today so will do carpets etc tomorrow 🙂

claire x

p.s. harrys bites are healing over now he stopped picking them !!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime