Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

How are you greeted when you come home?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs How are you greeted when you come home?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

My welcome home is much quieter that you lot I just get five wagging bums with me saying back back back Jazz is the only one that sometimes will go and get a toy
    Val

*jody*

Jake – once released from his crate runs around bouncing up and down off all fours on the spot (that dog can seriously jump) – not too much noise just lots of movement, tail doing a complete propellor with a bum wiggle – the whole body wags not just the tail  😀

Dante – still quite an OTT stressed greeting, despite the fact I have ignored this behaviour for the last 2 years, very vocal yawns and talking and if a toy available, praces around with it in his gob, then has a really looooonnnnggg drink (you would of thought the water bowl hadnt been there the whole time I was gone  :D)

I get izzy at the door doing little jumps up and down, front feet only, and sneezes and snuffles.  If i’ve got bags she tries to get her head in  ::) if not she runs off for a toy and parades around with it, if i’ve been gone a while i get a woo woo to tell me off  😀

kizkiznobite

just back from mums got about 5 mins before tea..have moved this because it deserves more than in gossip…thanks xtine…good one…

sooooo…i have behaviour hat on…as ever  😉

to make it easier then…what do you think my dogs do? and the answer is in loads and loads of posts…and val is as close as close in her reply….

clue…

turn the question around  😉 😉 😉

Anonymous

errrr…you greet them I imagine! Throw self on floor…..maybe…..then sometimes greet just Ami……I know I probably cheating!!
    I’m out of action for a couple of days dog club wise…have access to computer so may be able to get on…
    xx

Thats what my dogs get, i ignore them even if their bums are wagging at 100mph  ;D then they get cuddles when i decide  😉

deebee

Max responds to how i act towards him. so if i come in and high voice greet without touching, big bum wag and slight front feet jump. if i acknowledge or ignore hes quiet. if i high voice greet and rub him he rubs back between my legs (!) and leans on me, big bum wag.

however, any one else and all that out of the window, all excited, jumpy uppy, mouthing hands etc. doesnt matter how i pre ‘teach’ the person to ignore the reaction, they get all excited too or waggle their hands around. they then wander why he pesters them after the initial greet  ::)

Bev you mean your dogs greet depending how YOU greet them? as in sometimes we do sometimes we dont?

Is that why Honey doesnt alays greet me? she knows when im home to stay – when i just pop in i often just say hello – thats it different from the fuss I give when im home for the night…………

Why do most of your lot parade a toy?  hmmmm  :-\

Anonymous

Loki always goes to get me a toy first (usually the fluffy sheep) – then he gives it to me – bum/ tail wagging.  Always silent – but that’s just him – he’s very quiet  ;D

So I turn key – I hear him trotting off to find a suitable toy – by time I opened door he usually on way towards me.

*Lassie*

If I ignore my two then they just follow me around waiting for some reaction from me, Willow sometimes stands and stamps her front feet to get a reaction while Tam whines. I only ignore if I have to go back out as I like being loved to death ;D

Anonymous

sometimes I ignore Loki when I get home

that is because sometimes I REALLY need a wee and must run upstairs  😀

For me its very important that Honeys ok with me coming and going – I HATE leaving her all day but she has my mum most of the day and she does ok – but i noticed sometimes when i was coming in the going again she was running to front door to come with me – that breaks my heart. But she only does it if I make a huge fuss of her when i come in……..so i must admit i tend to ignore apart from a hello when i come in – and all is good she often doesnt move from the bed – is what i want, from a personal selfish point of view that i cant take it when shes trying to slip out the door to come with me  🙁

wags

Cleo – oh back are you how intresting NOT yawn

Oban – mummy mummy mummy hug me im stinky and a yukky but hug me

Meg – omg my tails wagged so hard ive lost total control over my ass

Glen – i want a cuddle but cant get close enough because of these 2 so i’ll stand at the back and wag lots

Mudgie

when nacho hears the car coming into drive – he goes to window – has bunchy ears and waggy tail – and I can hear him squeaking and crying for me  ::)  I dont look at him I am sure he thinks I am deaf and blind  ;D ;D ;D
    when the key goes in the door I can hear him literally throwing himself away from window into a sit with his bum like a magnet to the ground  😉  I come into lounge and his bum is on floor and he shuffles along following me still in a sit – almost saying look at me mum I am sitting nice.  Ears still in bunches and bum almost moving with his tail wagging.  
    Then when I say “come see me” he gets a rub of the ears and I let him lick my face – tiss tiss – then we have a bit of time having a lean in – then he runs to fridge and sits waiting on a drink  ;D same every time  ;D  

If I go out and he is with me he sits at door all calm – any nonsense – I sit down until he is calm.  Sits at lounge door, then front door – door opens he knows to wait until I say he can go.  He is so good at this now – he now has door manners – took a lot of work but he is a star.  If he isnt part of the trip out I tell him “not you” and he just goes back to doing whatever he was which is usually lounging on couch  ;D  have managed to generalise it now with car and other places

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime