Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

How did you choose your dogs name?

Home Archive Forums General Category General Discussion How did you choose your dogs name?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

my dobermann is called farrokh  freddie murcurys real name is farrokh balsara

latifah

Latifah was the first name that came to my husbands mind when he was asked for a unique name for her registration. I wasn’t keen on it, but when she came home it stuck. She was named after the actress/rapper  Queen Latifah, a dobe being a very noble looking dog it fitted well. A year later i couldn’t name her anything else, although it’s shortened to tee-fee, or teef (a name that makes people think that she must bite). So tee fee is the general, latifah when we’re naughty.

Justine&Rafe

Oooh, good question!!

Rafe…

Originally read it in a kids’ book years ago called “Shadow and Rafe”.  Fancied something a little unusual…

Meaning … Rafe comes from Ralph, from Radulph, which apparently means Red Wolf.

What a perfect name for a liver coloured flat-coat!… If I say so myself!

p.s. re Loki – love those Norse/mythological names, but you were brave naming your dog after the god of mischief!!  Did you not wonder what you might be letting yourself in for?  ;D

Diesel73

Sandra, Max, Thor and Tarco were named the same on their pedigree.
    Sandra was named by the breeder and we kept it.
    Max, because he was maximum in… about everything.
    Thor, after the god Thor because as little as he was he was big and strong.
    Tarco, does not have a meaning. We picked a name for the pedigree that had to start with a T and the name stuck. Tarco was as unique puppy as his name was. Wanted a puppy persé from thàt breeder. From those particularly lines. And had to wait for him to be born for a looooong time. 1 litter…. no puppies  :'( . Second litter…. all bitches  ::) …. third litter… Yes godalmighty FINALLY he was born. Had first pick. Picked the puppy that had ‘me’ writen all over him. Breeder’s daughter had her eye on him. She had the unfortunate luck she had to compete with me. Was NOT going to leave without him hahaha  😀 .
    Wodan and Diesel is different from their pedigree name.
    Wodan because he was/is big, strong, quiet and mighty like a god. I still love that name so very much.
    Diesel was named after me. Because he was hyper, bouncy and naughty… like me  >:D .

*Lassie*

Diesel was named after me. Because he was hyper, bouncy and naughty… like me
    You hyper and bouncy – yeah but naughty  :nono: Sunshine wouldn’t allow it ;D

Diesel73

[quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=10600.msg258192#msg258192 date=1232476266]
    [/quote]
    She luuuurves it when i’m naughty  >:D …. to her  :embarrass: .

hahaha 😀 .

*Lassie*

[quote author=Diesel73 link=topic=10600.msg258196#msg258196 date=1232478355]
    [quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=10600.msg258192#msg258192 date=1232476266]
    [/quote]
    She luuuurves it when i’m naughty  >:D …. to her   :embarrass: .

hahaha 😀 .
    [/quote]

😮 😮 😮 Diesel :embarrass:

Diesel behave  😉  😀  😀

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime