Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

how many of you know…

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs how many of you know…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    kizkiznobite

am putting this in dogs…it a mixture of gossip and behaviour…hopefully it will develop into a good thread  🙂

the question is…

how many of you/partner know your dogs well enough to be able to work out warning/threat/possible threat communication…

am asking for a reason which i will post as we go along…examples would be good

it might get complex  ;D but that’s me …so if you up for it  :canadian: :canadian:

Izzie

What like when Trixie told you, you set the table on fire? :whistle:

Anonymous

Do you mean when dog is angry & therefore threat to me, myself or something dif?

Frags

kizkiznobite

no frags…not in itself…but could be….see izzies post above lol

to just clarify…it was an outside table… ::) stubbed fag out in plant pot….expecting plant pot ( i do it all the time ) to be wet…ermmm

soz  :-[

but yepyep

trixie…we have a problem…

ermm …whats up with you

WE HAVE A PROBLEM

WHATS UP WITH YOU…YOU THE LEAST OF THE PROBS

ahhh ok sweets…whats the problem?

THERE IS A FIRE ON THE PATIO…SORT IT !!!!

Izzie

She did it the other day, mum left the grill on

Livs grasses Jess ad Ttrixie up if they eating something they shouldnt

Jess grasses Livs up for chewing/eating something she shouldnt

Anonymous

So, do you mean when dog is warning you of outside (no pun intended) threat?

Want to understand subject of thread before it takes off. :order:

—-Frags

hmm well my mates poodle lets us know when manny raids the bin  😮

dex has let me know when aeryn started climbing the stairs, and shouldnt have been – he seems to know what she should and shouldnt do

however interestingly im more like to take notice of dexter than manny – manny is so reactive to like everything that is def a high chance id dismiss his warning behaviour as him being a prat  :-\

kizkiznobite

any threat frags…at whatever intensity…

she should have been a fire dog izz  8) bless her….

ok suz…so if mates poodle isnt there..whom warns you then haha

good boy dex

and as in other thread…who is your pack manager?

Izzie

She is, she a personal one  :whistle:

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=16165.msg282401#msg282401 date=1322421644]
    any threat frags…at whatever intensity…

she should have been a fire dog izz  8) bless her….

ok suz…so if mates poodle isnt there..whom warns you then haha

good boy dex

and as in other thread…who is your pack manager?
    [/quote]

haha if mates poodle doesnt see what hes up to then dex will normally steal whatever mannys stolen and bring it in to us  :canadian:

just answered in the other thread – im still assuming dex but is hard cos some days honey still does the stuff that i used to see from hr – other days she doesnt – she no sleep with us any more either point blank refuses to??

Diesel73

Wodan used to go beepbeepbeep when the kids did something they shouldn’t. Or had hold of somthing they shouldn’t. Was a great nurseryschoolteacher  :yes: . Also warned us when the cat was on the kitchen counter.

Diesel….. :help: he never warns but ALWAYS collaborates with the kids and cat when they are doing something they shouldn’t.  :canadian:
    If sh@t happens, he won’t warn either. He completely curious about what ever is happening and strolls around me looking at me with a face that says ‘how you gonna fix that? What you going to do? Howyougointofixthat? Howhowhowhow?  🙂 ‘

*Lassie*

Willow despite being a rough collie is no Lassie ::)
    She is more likely to take to her bed if any danger about although she will rat on the cats if they are up to mischief :embarrass:

kizkiznobite

haha diesel…he passing the buck  ;D ;D

willow goes to ground with a you deal with it but…cats are fair game  :yes:

Gracie

example, one day we were upstairs expecting family who came into the house, Gracie stood at top of stair really barking and growling at family whom she knew, so much so they didnt come upstairs, i came down she was fine, if vistors go upstairs to the loo that ok if one of us up or both down, but if we both up shes to set her off. – pretty obv body lang tho so not sure if what you mean

Also i can tell if either lead walking or free running if i am alone and it dark or quite far away alone free running with some poeple gracie with sort up stand up straighter taller and not take her eyes off the person till they out of sight, she doesnt bark, just wont take eyes off – tho that maybe her picking up on my feelings rather than her not liking the look of person / feeling a threat….

kizkiznobite

visitors are not greeted upstairs…she used to you being downstairs to control the welcome etc…you was upstairs …doesnt matter that she knew them…her environmental factors kicked in…she was doing her job …she was guarding…good girl gracie..now then…think about this…if it was a burgler etc…?? yeah with me..well done graciegrace  :-* hope you got a biccy as a reward

and yep…she will pick up on your feelings …again it environment driven…but…i would bet she waaayyyy ahead of you…she seen that as a possible threat…she will assess and respond as need be…and if that response is driven by your anxiety…that bit will be later than…she already there…i know this not just reading…im seen it when i stayed at yours for the wedding…she alerted me on that walk through the trees…down to the walk area by the river??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime