Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

How much fruit

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health How much fruit

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Misty23

How much fruit do you feed your dogs each week,

Anonymous

1 or 2 apples bit of melon now and again Dex not that keen but Kodi loves it, she’ll eat most fruit and veg 🙂

Izzie

Trixe loves melon!

I give them fruit once or twice a week, they get some veg a few days a week too in their porridge!

my doggies love frozen banana in a kong. i dont feed them raw diet but have fruit (in kongs etc) about twice a week.  🙂

Aly12

Molly doesn’t eat a lot of fruit but please remember that grapes and raisins are toxic to dogs.

kizkiznobite

yep…as we know…

but ..dogs need fructose to utilise zince if they have a condition that needs zinc utilising  🙂

my lot get fruit daily in one form or another ……

Aly12

I just thought I would mention the grapes and raisins as a lot of people I have mentioned this to didn’t know about them – I hope I wasn’t offending anyone

Anonymous

Cass loves watermelon and usually shares an apple with my mum in the evenings. She has fruit & veg pulp with her food 3 times a week. Has anyone heard of giving oats to dogs? Is there any benefit in doing that?  :confused:

xtine

Bev has mentioned oats lots before I think.. we have started adding them to mince..  :ok:

Fritz has about 3 apples a week.. we don;t tend to have much fruit in as we never remember to eat it  :-[ he gets plenty of veggies tho  :ok:

just out of interest, as it seem most of you guys feed a raw natural diet to your dogs i was just wondering how do you know exactly what nutrients  etc to feed to ensure the dogs are getting the correct diet? its obvious by all your pics etc that they seem very fit and healthy but was just interested to know how u went about finding out about the diet?

Izzie

Speak to Bev (kizkiznobite)- she does diet sheets  😉

Anonymous

It’s not an exact science, you achieve ‘balance’ over the course of a week by making it as varied as you can. I don’t want to confuse you because i can do it with my eyes shut now but Bev will be the one to explain it to you in laymans terms to make it easy to understand.  :happy:

Anonymous

have a look in the stickies there is a lot on feeding in there have a read of Bev on a rant.

[quote author=dogloverwoooo! link=topic=12656.msg244592#msg244592 date=1223576858]
    just out of interest, as it seem most of you guys feed a raw natural diet to your dogs i was just wondering how do you know exactly what nutrients  etc to feed to ensure the dogs are getting the correct diet? its obvious by all your pics etc that they seem very fit and healthy but was just interested to know how u went about finding out about the diet?
    [/quote]

right will do
    thanks

uhmmmm, well none –  🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime