Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

how not to administer ear drops . . .

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health how not to administer ear drops . . .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Anonymous

and yes – incase you missed it or dont have speakers – she actually ran INTO a tree chasing after a ball today … sheesh and people tell me she aint a lurcher – is is is … thats what i say 🙂

Mudgie

Claire that was upsetting to watch  :'(

Anonymous

what can i say, i’m a rubbish dog mum – i know …

she is just really wiggly and very very strong.

i wouldnt have bothered and just kept cleaning them with the ear wipes but she had a hissyfit at wills twice just for sniffing her ear little cowbag !  anyway – must be getting better, shes much more squiggly 2nite i managed better earlier !

claire.

p.s. she’s sulking now

*Lassie*

You made bloody hard work of that, no wonder she doesn’t like having them done ::)

Have the ear drops beside you, sit her in between your legs and just fuss her, take the drops in your hand and use the back of your hand to lift the ear flap – apply drops

GSPmad

could i suggest either – wait till she’s asleep on appropriate side, sneak up and squirt in, or sit down on floor with her between your legs facing away from you give her a cuddle then squirt in when she’s not expecting it?  :-\ You and her are both going to have a nervous breakdown if you try to count 10 drops in every time – duibh has had drops before – squirt and rub was my method, stuff counting.  😉 Much quicker and less stressful for everyone.

Anonymous

Now Claire you know both Bev and I work in the work of glug and dollop we do squirt and slosh as well the film was a little dark for me but it looked like you got the corner and the legs right next time girl up the ear flap squirt rub and duck unless you want to wear the drops as hair cream  :ok:
    Val

Anonymous

i know – gutted its so dark as got me new top on !!

ear is lots less red 🙂  gave this am a miss, gonna give her some in a bit !

incase someone newbie is reading this – dont sneak up on your dog and give it ear drops unless you are atleast moderately confident it wont go w-t-f-chomp on your extremeties !! 😀

claire x

Anonymous

[quote author=GSPmad link=topic=12725.msg245702#msg245702 date=1224285168]
    could i suggest either – wait till she’s asleep on appropriate side, sneak up and squirt in, or sit down on floor with her between your legs facing away from you give her a cuddle then squirt in when she’s not expecting it?  :-\ You and her are both going to have a nervous breakdown if you try to count 10 drops in every time – duibh has had drops before – squirt and rub was my method, stuff counting.  😉 Much quicker and less stressful for everyone.
    [/quote]

oooh don’t sneak up and do it when they asleep – they not like that (coming from personal experience)  :-[  – I was ignored for days for that  :-[

GSPmad

[quote author=widget link=topic=12725.msg245795#msg245795 date=1224364852]
    [quote author=GSPmad link=topic=12725.msg245702#msg245702 date=1224285168]
    [/quote]

oooh don’t sneak up and do it when they asleep – they not like that (coming from personal experience)  :-[  – I was ignored for days for that  :-[

[/quote]

Works for mine – avoids a lot of stress – Dorain has what I think would count as Classical Conditioning to any form of medical looking thing – I get forgiven a lot quicker that way cos he doesn’t notice – long as he is well asleep. 🙂

Anonymous

ok – i sort of did a combination of everyones suggestions !!

waited till evening got her to lie down facing me and put new treat ball i got wills dog infront of her she whizzed away once i did it but i had my hand over her ear when she shook !!

claire x

GSPmad

[quote author=piglet link=topic=12725.msg245822#msg245822 date=1224409669]

waited till evening got her to lie down facing me and put new treat ball i got wills dog infront of her she whizzed away once i did it but i had my hand over her ear when she shook !!

claire x
    [/quote]

sounds quicker and less stressful – good job.  🙂

sounds like it went better  🙂

Anonymous

yippee so you are not wearing the drops as a new hair cream then  ;D

claire x
    [/quote]

GSPmad

[quote author=Val link=topic=12725.msg245843#msg245843 date=1224428589]
    yippee so you are not wearing the drops as a new hair cream then  ;D

claire x
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

That reminded me – have you ever seen ‘There’s Something About Mary’?  ;D And if not you’re going to have to watch it cos it aint getting explained on a public forum.  😮

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime