Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

How to KC register a puppy I bought?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Where can I find ……? How to KC register a puppy I bought?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

At the end of the day it’s all about research if you do that well enough then you are home and dry.
    I would never support the KCAB I know some of the people that are in it  ::) as far as I am concerned the KC kicked the responsible breeders right in the teeth they made it sound like you have to be a member to be any good.
    Hope the KC spy is reading this and reporting back
    Val

[quote author=GSPmad link=topic=9518.msg214662#msg214662 date=1210179772]
    [quote author=Sweetypye link=topic=9518.msg214651#msg214651 date=1210177933]
    It is like saying you are a KC Accredited Instructor when you have never trained a dog.

Fortunately THIS scheme IS monitored and assessed correctly
    [/quote]

And how is Joe Public meant to know that one scheme is and one isn’t, and that KC reg may still be poorly bred and that KCAB may still be poorly bred?  :-\
    [/quote]

Anonymous
    quote :

And how is Joe Public meant to know that one scheme is and one isn’t, and that KC reg may still be poorly bred and that KCAB may still be poorly bred?  Undecided

hopefully they’ll put KCAB (or something similar) in google and find links to our posts saying they aint all they are cracked up to be !

i owe google big time as i was very nearly scammed out of £80 yesterday but i checked the company on google and lo + behold …. loads of complaints + unsatisfied ppl !

reccommend google for everything – if only it could wash dishes ??

justpetdogs

[quote author=rooooooooby link=topic=9518.msg215998#msg215998 date=1210867227]reccommend google for everything – if only it could wash dishes ??
    [/quote]

Use it find a cheap dishwasher  ;D

Anonymous

lol !!!!

i have one … its name is Steve 🙂  very cheap but breaks my cues !!

i suppose there is a down side to everything !!! 🙂

claire x

LupusSarcina

Hi,
    Very interesting posts, re the KCABs I had an enquiry about a pup from a lady who had been to see a litter of pups with a KCAB (as advertised on her site “a founder member”!)

This buyer has put down £50 deposit for a long coat bitch, when she went to collect her puppy the breeder had changed her mind, deciding to keep the long coat now and the buyer could have a short coat bitch instead, the buyer had set her heart on the long coat so did not want a short coat instead, or any replacement pup for her’s. 

The breeders response well as I am going to have the expense of re-advertising the short coat puppy then I am keeping your deposit, the buyer has rung and rung her but to no joy only abuse.

I advised the buyer to report her to KC and other help any one can sugest?

The Lady buying is wary of all breeders now.

Jan

LupusSarcina

Hi Again,

Just another point to raise, no one has mentioned those breeders out there who do have say 4 pedigree dogs in their home and double breed each year, registering every other litter or none at all towards the end. 

These are not obvious to “Jo Public” as puppy farms as they can be on a normal street and the dogs seam to be “family pets” but are really breeding machines, not beloved members of the family where their welfare comes first and formost.

I traced a dogs history for a lady who had been given a pup as a birthday present and sad to say he was from an unregistered litter in such a house hold.

Jan

Anonymous

Hi
    I do see what you are saying as for your first post report the woman to the KC. AB are there baby.
    Second post most breeders would not sell a puppy for a birthday present, these sorts of breeders never show, if you ask to see the bitches papers they will list all the pups that have been registered plus health check any responsible breeder has all the health checks in place plus they would not breed every year.
    There are many pitfalls to buying a pup, puppy farmers employ agents to you they would look like a breeder with one or two bitches and a litter but as soon as that litter is sold the next one is shipped in and again they will be KC registered some with AB as well but what they don’t do is have a show history or health checks
    Val

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime