Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

how would i find an affix ?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs how would i find an affix ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

hi – can anyone tell me if “comebye” is or has been registered as an affix ?  (would be BC’s)

i am just wondering as am snooping BC lines again and cant decide if its an appended affix as a suffix type thingy or just the dogs name made to look a bit like one !

the dog is

affix dogs name possible_affix

claire x

Anonymous

Miss J Goulder owns that affix Claire

Anonymous

hmm so it is an affix !

interesting 😀

Aly12

Is an affix the word before the kennel name e.g. sleepytown then dogs kennel name

If so, is sleepytown an affix

Sorry if I am sounding stupid

Anonymous

Yes…. but the affix is now the kennel name! they changed it, dont know why, but a litter of pups would all have the same name at the beginning  eg  Blackfriars Bobby Blu, Blackfriars Gracie Gray etc 🙂

Aly12

Thanks for that.  Molly’s kennel name is Sleepytown Lucy – we should really have called her Lucy ;D.  Hubby has just reminded me that we did send away the transfer form to have her registered in my name and received the Certificate back from them.

Anonymous

Jackie Goulder is a friend of a friend of mine & also has Bearded Collies to work her sheep & also runs training days

Anonymous

She does a lot of work with Liz (Talraz) with the beards

[quote author=Dyane Jones link=topic=13376.msg256760#msg256760 date=1231197564]
    Jackie Goulder is a friend of a friend of mine & also has Bearded Collies to work her sheep & also runs training days
    [/quote]

Anonymous

No it’s not a KC affix

[quote author=Aly12 link=topic=13376.msg256729#msg256729 date=1231183528]
    Is an affix the word before the kennel name e.g. sleepytown then dogs kennel name

[/quote]

Mudgie

Claire if it is the same person I am thinking of she has a fantastic new agility training centre at Barnard Castle – is this not where you were going to stay  ???  Comebyanaway is her border collies

http://www.mydogs.co.uk/

Anonymous

[quote author=Val link=topic=13376.msg256791#msg256791 date=1231270649]
    No it’s not a KC affix

[quote author=Aly12 link=topic=13376.msg256729#msg256729 date=1231183528]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

Some people just give their dogs names, its only an affix(K name) if its  been paid for and  registered with the kennel club.

Anonymous

Hi,

nah its not Mudgie, thats why i asked – i would have thought ‘comebye’ and ‘comebyanaway’ would be too close together to both be granted – it confused me at first, am sure it confused others too …?

Claire.

Aly12

I just wondered if that was her affix as I have the kennel club certificate as I sent away the transfer form when bought her.  I am always joking with the family that Molly is my dog as she is registered in my name.

Anonymous

Anyone can register pups with the KC hopefully after that programme it may change what you should be looking for when buying a pup is a registered affix breeders are know by this if you walked up to anyone at a show in beardies and many other breeds and said Karakara they would say that Val she health checks breeds some nice dogs that have won at champ shows she’s picky about homes and can be a right pain in the arse.
    Your lass is pet bred thats possible why she has addisons if she was KC affix it would have been picked up in the lines.
    Val

[quote author=Aly12 link=topic=13376.msg256872#msg256872 date=1231356040]
    I just wondered if that was her affix as I have the kennel club certificate as I sent away the transfer form when bought her.  I am always joking with the family that Molly is my dog as she is registered in my name.
    [/quote]

Anonymous

[quote author=piglet link=topic=13376.msg256852#msg256852 date=1231347988]
    Hi,

nah its not Mudgie, thats why i asked – i would have thought ‘comebye’ and ‘comebyanaway’ would be too close together to both be granted – it confused me at first, am sure it confused others too …?

Claire.
    [/quote]

No that’s definitely not Jackie. Liz got her first Beardie from me in 1979 just after Heidi got made up. Razzle was her first & Tally her second hence her kennel name of Talraz !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime