Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Howdy doody!

Home Archive Forums General Category Introductions Howdy doody!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Stumpywop

Hi All,

I’m new here! My name is Laura and I live in Bimringham (near to the airport) with my 4 1/2 year old Son, a 16 month old male GSD clled Zane, a 12 month old GSD/Akita bitch called Ellie and a 6 month old male GSD called Yiannis.

SO, you can imagine it’s complete chaos in my house – fun though!

I am soon going to be adopting a 3 year old Akita bitch called Bonnie.

I’m on my Mom’s PC at the moment so can’t upload any photos of my clan. As soon as I get the chance I’ll get some photos on here for you.

Laura xx

*Nat*

Hi and welcome, look forward to the pics  ;D

Hi and welcome from me+Izzy  🙂

.dodger.

hi and welcome from me and Dodger! Really looking forward to pic’s as i too have a GSD and a GSD/akita called Tila ;D

Stumpywop

Hello everyone,

Here goes with the photos.

The whole family. Ellie is on the sofa with Oscar, my SOn. Zane is lying on the left of the picture nad Yiannis is sitting on the right hand side.

Here is Ellie last week after being spayed looking kinda sorry for herself.

My boys! Zane on the left, Yiannis on the right.

Ellie looking cheeky.

Zane & Oscar asleep on the sofa.

Zane as a  2 month old baby. Check out those ears!!

Yiannis as a 3month old  baby.

Ellie as a 5 week old baby. She was dumped because she didn’t look like a GSD!  :what:

Well that’s all I can get into at the moment. Will post more very soon. Hope you like em.

Laura xx

*Nat*

How sad about Ellie  :'( Glad she has a good home now, fab pics they’ all look lovely  ;D Those ears  😀

xtine

Looks like  busy household  😀 Hi from me and Fritz  ;D

.dodger.

great pic’s :yes: they are all gorgeous but i love Zane, he has a lovely face :-*

Stumpywop

Hi,

Thanx eveyone.

Zane is a stunner (I know I’m biased). he looks so noble when he’s out walking too – ears up, chest puffed outetc. Yiannis is a pretty boy with big brown eye,e ears of a fruit bat at th elongest eyelashes ever seen on a male (should’ve been a girl!).
    Eliie is just Ellie and couldn’t give a toss what people think. She will walk off in a huff if the boys (Oscar included) don’t behave though.

Laura xx

Hello from one busy little family to another 😀

its always lovely to see doggies and kids getting along together 🙂

my little boy is 3 and i have 2 (sometimes 3) dogs and wouldnt be without them !

good luck with your new addition 😀  is it another rescue like little Ellie ?

claire x

Stumpywop

Hi,

What dogs do you have? My Son likes to pretend to be a dog to the point where he ran an agility course last Wednesday on all 4’s. I’m taking my camera this week in the hope he’ll do it again.

Yes she’s a 3 year old, black and white purebred Akita who has already lived with a family and is being rehomed because of personal circumstances. She’s already had some training which is helpful to know but I’m assuming she’s had none. If I start from scratch with her I can’t go far wrong.

Ellie wasn’t a rescue as such. She never got that far. Her breeders were friends of mine – now ex friends because of what they did! I suppose we did rescue her though so in a way she qualifies to be called a rescue.

Yiannis was from Birmingham Dogs Home and Zane was from a breeder but I had him as a result of a private rehome. Again, personal circumstances got in the way. Unfortunately, zane’s breeder is using Zane’s pedigree to sell on pups he’s bred who aren’t health tested etc. I hope somebody checks someday as Zane is neutered! I dont have proof of this but I’m sure someone will catch him out at some point.

Here are some photos of Ellie at Sutton Park today. She ran about like a lunatic so flopped out on the sofa once we got home and she’s still there!

She had a great time but I only let her off lead to go in the water as she has developed the habit of jumping up people if outside.No iddea why but she’s still ver ymuch a puppy – even at 12 months old.

There was one guy today who had a male EBT off lead who tried to mount her. She was happy to play with him until he did theis so she tried to have a go at him – I mean really aggressively. She meant it and if I hadn’t pulled her away I honestly think I weould’ve had a real fight to deal with. The owner of the EBT said he was no problem!   :surprise: Stupid prat. He made no attempt to call his dog back and I had to physically pull Ellie away. Anyway it’s the first time I’ve seen him there and hopefully the last.

Laura xx

**Woofums**

I was wondering how your 2 imported GSD pups are doing ?

Stumpywop

HI Woofums,

Are you referring to the 2 I defended myself over and because I defended myself got banned from BIGGSD? The 2 pups, supposedly from Spain even though I was in Spain at the time those posts were being put on the forum?
    I accept that people will believe what is posted by people generally. But those posts didn’t even read as though I’d written them. And still I have 2 people on another forum STILL trying to cause problems for me.

My ex husband had remote access to my PC and was posting about pups from Spain that I had no knowledge of, nor do I have knowledge of to this day.

I have had up to 7 dogs to look after whether mine or someone else’s before now, but never those that have been imported.

My ex has done everything he can think of to cause problems for me and his attempts have worked.My being banned through no fault of my own when I hadn’t done anything wrong, I now do not have the opportunity of going on the BIGGSD walks or making new friends from people on that site.
    This in itself is not that much of an issue. I’ve read a few posts on the BIGGSD site (and yes I still can get access) from BIGGSD members about some of my friends on  other forums stating they don’t have “real” dogs and at least one of these people is someone I have walked with in the past.
    So, with that in mind, my GSD/Akita bitch isn’t a real dog? I think Ellie would argue that point herself. The BCs that my dogs have made friends with over the past few months are not real dogs?
    To be honest, I don’tfeel I have lost anything by not going onto the forum and posting anything. I know I have friends elsewhere who will help me and advise me as and when I ask for it.

Fortunately, I’m a member of 6 other doggy forums and so have made friends elsewhere.

As I have said many times before, at the moment I have Zane, Ellie, Yiannis and will soon to have Bonnie (hopefully). I was always going to have 4 dogs of my own – no more. I always wanted 4 GSDs or 2 GSDs and 2 Akitas. Now I’m about to have my 4th dog, my family will be complete.

I still don’t know anything about any imported pups and my ex husband has not given any reasons or even excuses for his behaviour.

The best part of this whole issue was that I have previouslyworked in legal practice – defending claims of slander and libel. Certain people on BIGGSD decided to tell me the differnece between the 2 and got them completely the wrong way round. Evev after I explained it to them in a PM so as not to embarrass them on the main forum (which was tempting by that time) they still tried to force what they clearly DIDN’T know down my throat.

Anyway, the point is I know nothing about imported pups and neer did. I am happy with the people I’m friends with on othe forums and those I waslk with twice weekly. There is only one person from BIGGSD I have anything to do with and that is purely a case of me buying something from that person every now and then.

Sorry for ranting. I know it’s not your fault and as I recall, you weren’t actually one of the people who continually attacked me without just cause, even after knowing I hadn’t submitted those particular posts.

I’m happy with the dogs I have now and hopefully when Bonnie comes, she’ll be happy too. She’ll be put through training just as the others have and I’ll see how she is at agility as we’ve just started it where I take the other 3.

My life with my Son and dogs is just as I’d always hoped it would be and if I never hear of those people from other forums who have cause problems for me (and I was a target from day 1 on the BIGGSD site) then I’ve lost nothing.

Laura xx

Diesel73

Wowh!  :surprise: ……. well, uhm hi and welcome from me anyways.

Stumpywop

Hi Diesel,

Thanks for the welcome.  :happy:

Laura xx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime