Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Husky living wild

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Husky living wild

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sukasud

A lady i know has been informed of a siberian husky living wild in Hertfordshire since may this year, local folk have been feeding her, she is wearing a collar. She won’t let people get near her to try to catch her. She was given a Acp pill but before the pill made her drowsy she was scared off by a dog walker. she has been seen worrying sheep too. she seems to be in good condition she is in the royston area, this is her, any sightings/ info please pm me.
    [img width=468 height=351]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f292/rosegallagher/LooseHusky.jpg[/img]

Val

They should really set a trap for her as she could get shot by a farmer, most dogs that go wild do it very quick so a trap is the best way forward
    Hope they catch her
    Val

Hi,

I agree with Val – a trap would probably be the best way forward.  I have borrowed one before from a wildlife rescue that they used for badgers/foxes, i’m not sure how large sibes are but if they’re not much larger than a good size male border collie then they would probably fit in similar traps.  Is there a wildlife rescue near by ? 

nb – if you set a trap it will need someone to check it every couple of hours just incase you either a) have the dog or b) inadvertantly catch some wildlife !!

If its a farming area, I do know of someone who borrowed a fox trap from a sheep farmer once but I am not sure if this would have fitted a sibe as they were catching a bedlington terrier size dog !!

Claire x

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime