Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

i’m fed up …

Home Archive Forums Messages from Admin Mods Gossip i’m fed up …

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    GSPmad

[quote author=piglet link=topic=12706.msg245577#msg245577 date=1224233072]
    i could go to the doctor but i find even making an appointment is ultra stressful because you have to call at 8am and i’m not alive then !  call again and again until the bloody line is free and then all the appointments are gone … [/quote]

i know that feeling…. have only been going back to dosc because they give me a prebooked appt every time (doctor does) to go back for. time i didn’t have… was seriously low… wrote letter to doctor… aint got a clue what i put in it, can’t remember… but got phone call saying ‘is it ok if i come and see you?’ and dr on doorstep with prescription… didn’t care what happened at that point (last week, in fact)… not sure if it has made much difference (but ignore that bit  😉 ). try writing a letter explaining how you feel and what you think you need. they will pay attention.

yeah on a dr’s note our dr’s hold a list of people that can makes appointments in advance my daughter is on it and i have been on and off several times lol currently off get in touch hun and see what they can do  :happy:

also adult cbt is mostly crap i was talking to my daughters therapist and she was explaining how loads of time and money and training goes into child therapists but not adults so they don’t learn new methods like i had nearly 3 yrs which didn’t do much but spent an hour with my daughters and came out thinking completely different the old method was keep going over the old problem work out how it made you feel and maybe you’ll accept it get over it whatever…new method screw the past look at now and sort your future i’m so into the new method how many times do you need to go over the past and remember? don’t think we should  :nono:

beside i think from your posts previousloy you actually have the skills and knowledge to treat yourself  :yes:

Anonymous

hi,

proper cbt should be forward looking it sounds like yours kerry was more psychoanalytic focussed and your daughters more rogerian/client centred 😀

cbt is the new “cure all” in mainstream psychology but it wont work if your cognitive functions are too impaired by illness.

claire x

now thats what my daughters lady was saying she said it don’t matter what is going on you are in control and you can decide how you want to feel what you want to think about and she was demostrating how you can train yourself to have a photographic memory was amazing  :yes:

Anonymous

hi,

i have a visual / photographic memory – its great i just put all my exam revision on the wall and sit and look and in the exam i can ‘see’ it 😀

claire x

vinya12

wow thats cool. I have a really bad memory .but I never forget a dog, just the owners lol

Mudgie

Time to get a grip and be more proactive

No-one I repeat no-one is more messed up in the head than I have been.  Whilst it is not a competition I have been there and back and then dragged back by the hair so go shout scream, write, telephone, speak to doctors, nurses, clinicians and whoever it takes and get the help you need. 

I no longer suffer from depression – I manage it.  I did not have a choice to enter a Mental Clinic I was ordered to go – sectioned whatever you want to call it – kicking screaming everything bar the straitjacket – if I can get through this with all the crap I have had to deal with then anyone and I mean anyone can. 

Stop having a pity party and make a plan of action and follow it through.  You will get out what you put in. Alternatively delight, wallow, and drown in self pity

and I knew all the terminology – thats the easy bit – little less conversation a little more action

Anonymous

hi,

shout and scream method doesnt work – i shouted screamed and came very close to dying last feb but as i was too medically ill – they wouldnt admit me to psych and i was apparently not ill enough to be in emg ward … so home i went. 

its all oh have this community care – a different annyoing person coming for like one hour from a whole 24 every day upsetting the dogs, coming at times they woke up me and / or harry, and achieving nothing – much too stressful for me.

doc – would refer to outpatient psychiatric care
    nurses – would refer to doc (see above)
    psychiatric care – would be seen as an emergency by some wanker barely out of short trousers who knows less about my condition and how drugs work than i do.  if i waited long enough i might be lucky enough to get a consultant and we can have an intellegent conversation for an hour or so and him say oh you’re fine, wont see you in 6 months coz it’ll either be another locum or a newbie by then.

last time i screamed shouted it ended up in overdose which nearly killed me – i wonder why i dont want to do that again eh ????

claire.

*Lassie*

Claire, Mudgie has been very forthright and is trying her best to help you, you have had all the sympathy and support that people on here can give you, the only person now that can help you is you.
    You are not the only one in the world with problems, Terry is suffering from the same condition as you but with a lot less support, she has no partner to cuddle up to when she feels bad. She has no small person to make her laugh and forget about her worries instead she has a dog she loves dearly that is getting worse and a family that is incapable of giving her the support she needs.

Every time someone tries to help you and suggest a plan of action you act like a petulant child and dismiss it out of hand, push people away too often and you will be on your own as there are people worse off than you.

Claire and Terry too if you’re reading this thinking of you both, I don’t have any answers but I have had and still do have similar problems, I found counselling helpful but had to get to a more ‘upbeat’ frame of mind to go there every week, it can be very draining and tiring, hope it starts to lift soon :-*

Anonymous

hi,

mudgie is a great help – she’s ace 🙂

lassie – i dont see that it is your decision to make that “i have had all the sympathy and support people on here can give” no-one has to read this thread – or any thread.  however it may interest others to know your reaction is very typical of people in general. 

“its up to you” – typical unhelpful reaction
    “others are worse off” – another unhelpful reaction
    “you’re not the only one with problems” – yet more unhelpful cr*p

and as for your wonderful list of comparisons . . .

it is *your* opinion terry has less support
    it is *your* opinion that having a partner is somehow better
    it is *your* opinion that having a small person is all about making people laugh and forget their worries
    you know f*ck all about my family or the support they might or might not offer me

this is a “general” section – i assume that it means anyone can post about anything, it is not limited to dog troubles.  I started this thread because i was sick to death of having near constant abuse every time i posted when i wasnt well.

it is interesting you are vile to me personally when actually it is the system which is letting me down.  I have been in the system long enough to know that it offers me nothing in crisis – why because there is nothing there.  if you dont believe me, borrow a friends baby and walk into a+e saying you have a feeling you want to smash your car into a brick wall and kill yourself and you cannot fight it any longer and looking at the baby makes you crawl all over and want to just kill it with your bare hands – will there be help, not from my experience – why a+e? because there are no OOH mental health services – get into crisis and it better be 9-4 weekdays only or you can pretty much murder your kid before anyone gives a fuck . . . lets not forget that the place mudgie speaks of is exclusively for the very rich (unless the postcode lottery decides people where you live are worth it). 

lassie – i dismissed it as a highly intellegent person !!  mudgie is lucky she was dragged there IMO.

Claire.

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime