Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Icey again

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Icey again

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    sukasud

My old girl seems to be very thin @present, weight is around 19kg, i noticed this a fewc weeks ago, you can feel her ribs, hip bones , backbone quite easily, she is on a vet diet for her colitis which has done a great job on her bowel problem , she gets 2 teacup size cups of food daily & biscuit treats, raw carrots. Either side of where her tail is also @ top where it starts is very boney too, near bottom. vet says to keep an eye on her weight loss i put it down to her being an old girl . any ideas?? she is still able to run around a bit.

Anonymous

Hi,

oooh icey girl you are a worry to your momma šŸ™

could she tolerate extras like chicken wings / necks – they helped my Bonnie put some fat / muscle back on again?

Claire x

sukasud

not sure as is on the vet diet, could maybe suggest this to the vet . Thanx.

Anonymous

Poor IceĀ  :-* :-* she’s going throught it at the moment isnt she,Ā  all my Dobes lost weight due to their heart problems, Dex has lost nearly 3 kilo’s now since the end of July, he still runs around alot too, you wouldnt know there was anything wrong with him really.

sukasud

icey does run about with her ball but has slowed considerably, not happy to go on a seperate walk , gets upset if i take the huskies out without her so she plods along with us & keepos up welol, has the odd occassional slow day. shes offleash so can go her comfortable pace.

Poor Icey isorry to hear of her problemsĀ  šŸ™Ā  :-*

Anonymous

just thinking of the different types of exercise huskies and collies would have – i thought a husky would be built for endurance – getting into a pace and then keeping at it, a sort of equilibrium whereas a border collie would probably also work much of the day but would be a different pattern … i’m just wondering if now Ice is getting older she may not be absorbing that food as optimally as she was and is using up her muscle and fat to keep in with the huskies.

just a thought ?

perhaps you could slightly up the diet she is on already so as not to risk upsetting her – a little lunchtime bowl of something perhaps depending on when you do their main exercise ?

which prescription diet / flavour is she on ?

claire x

sukasud

icey is on walthams tapioca/ capolin dry food, may be a good idea to give her that extra dose of food @ midday, am going to vet with kavik tomorrow so am going to chat to him about ices food intake, thanx for your help.

Anonymous

also – i have to “up” food in winter to increase fat and muscle layers, it might also be that icey is using more energy keeping warm and that could be why she’s not laying it down …

hope she’s ok – she’s such a stunning lady.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees ā€“ ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime