Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

insurance

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health insurance

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I have Cass insured with the National Farmers Union (NFU Mutual). I agonized a lot over who to go with but settled with them & they have been fantastic, i couldn’t have asked for more really. They charge £21 a month with a £50 excess and they pay out really quickly, good thing is that they will pay the vet direct so you don’t need to worry about big expensive bills. They pay up to £4000 per condition EVERY year, and that gets reset back to £4000 each year so you don’t need to worry about the funds drying up after an expensive year in vet fees. Public liability up to £2.5m as well.

deebee

mark, my pony is insured with them for liability. had no reason to use it so dont know what theyre like so its good to hear your good experience with them.

kizkiznobite

then get tough…do a deal…insurer agents will deal…they on comm….did it with my car….saved £130 quid…

Anonymous

Blimey I just got a quote for Dexter from Tesco’s (just being nosey) £43.03 per month thats £6 more than M & S and for only £4,000 instead of £7,000 that I get now. I feel I have to go for the higher limit due the fact I live in Surrey,  apart from London I think this is the second most expensive place to live in england, sure feels like it sometimes!

Anonymous

I’ve probably put in a load of rubbish Jay, but I’ve done a quote with More Than for a Dobe in Surrey and for £7000 of cover, the premium has come up at under £25 per month.  Might be worth a look at in the future.  🙂

kizkiznobite

i dont insure as you all know…but after brose i was in OMG mode..which of course is what the insurers play on…i did calm down  ;D

but

i got a quote for the wee git from tesco and it was 21 quid…average i guess…i did f that and then thought uhmmmm maybe i should so did it again 13 days later…14 quid…i was errmmm ok …bugger this on line crap i will call

so i did

and the woman said it depends on daily markets  :suspious: i do my what? so you are saying that if i took first quote then that is my then set rate but….now daily markets save me £7 a month…even if they go ape tomorrow…she said yep and that applies to all insurers…but it works both ways because for us it could be…i hung up

all it did was re-affirm what i already knew…insurance is a rip off…and insurance makes vet bills higher than they should be

me is doing what i always do….and yep..i got contacts but…even if i didnt i would still do the put away each month…interest rates will improve and i have the good feeling i am not being ripped off…..

deebee

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=12999.msg250313#msg250313 date=1226169195]
    then get tough…do a deal…insurer agents will deal…they on comm….did it with my car….saved £130 quid…
    [/quote]

this makes sense.  😉

deebee

i am starting to feel validated (?), but, i still think first year insurance is a good idea for the reasons rough said.

kizkiznobite

yep…1st year no probs…as i said it easier for me

and my vet does a plan too…have you checked with your vet? for a pay per month plan and then all treatment covered…..

deebee

errmm, no vet yet.

Anonymous

[quote author=Rough link=topic=12999.msg250325#msg250325 date=1226170031]
    I’ve probably put in a load of rubbish Jay, but I’ve done a quote with More Than for a Dobe in Surrey and for £7000 of cover, the premium has come up at under £25 per month.  Might be worth a look at in the future.  🙂
    [/quote]

this is what I got!!!!!  I’m going by Dex though and he’s over 8 but even so…..

Total annual premium £611.88   
    12 Monthly Instalments by Direct Debit  £50.99 

Quote not what you are looking for? Try our Pet Saver Policy, less cover and generally 30% cheaper. Call 0800 300 885 for a quote.

All premiums include:
    Insurance Premium Tax at the current rate and any relevant discounts

If you pay monthly the total amount you will pay in a year is £611.88. This includes a 0% surcharge (APR 0 %) of  £0.00

Your quote is valid from 08 November 2008 until 08 Decem

thats more than DOUBLE my car Insurance!!!! Mad isnt it

Anonymous

Stooooopid!!  :yes:

Lucyr

I’m with NFU aswell.  I pay £50 per month and that covers 2 Rottweilers and 1 Akita.  Have £50 excess and like Mark they pay £4000 per condition, per year.  In the 3 years that I have used NFU I have claimed around £3000 (my Rottie cost me nearly £2000 with his cruciate op and all his after care).  They even paid out for my Akita being spayed (on vets advise) after only taking out NFU insurance 3 weeks before.

Anonymous

Same here, they paid out more in the first year than i have paid in since i took out the policy. I would never in a million years have even thought to have dog insurance with the National Farmers Union but i am so happy that i found out about them. I just can’t fault them & always tell people about them.

deebee

got an email from the KC saying they see i have not yet activated my free 6 weeks insurance. just type in his number etc.

i havent had his cert. back yet so dont know the number grr.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime