Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Intoducing’ Minnie’

Home Archive Forums General Category Puppy talk Intoducing’ Minnie’

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Debs5501

“F1 Hybrid in plants means a pure cross which is sterile Roll Eyes
    Suppose she means both parents were pure bred but as a breeder would not want to use their bloodline to produce x breeds the parents may not have been health checked or KC reg. so no guarantee they were pure bred”

First off….
    We’re talking dogs here not geraniums

Secondly…. both parents are K.C registered.  Dam’s pedigree – excellent, with ‘World Champion’ as .G. Grandfather.

Thirdly…. Sire – Pug with full and clear eye test. Possibly only one in U.K

And who’s “She” – the cat’s mother ???

I came here for some friendly chat, advice and to share experiences.
    So Lassie , what gives you the right to be so sanctimonious ?????

kendal

hey welcome sounds like you have a wee charicter there lol.

keep setting the ground rules and she will fall in to place. but you need to get on top of the biting. if she is munching on your arm try holding her botom jaw or if she is biting you hard pop the loos skin of her lip between your skin and her teeth. that wat she will bite herself and should help stop the mouthing.  worked a treat with our first two. the third is only a day into our house so she need some time to settle.

No do not do that – if shes biting as hard as you say she is she will puncture a lip – and possibly badly. Far far kinder to just get up and walk away  🙂

Anonymous

[quote author=Debs5501 link=topic=13069.msg251925#msg251925 date=1226877590]
    Suppose she means both parents were pure bred but as a breeder would not want to use their bloodline to produce x breeds the parents may not have been health checked or KC reg. so no guarantee they were pure bred”

First off….

Secondly…. both parents are K.C registered.  Dam’s pedigree – excellent, with ‘World Champion’ as .G. Grandfather.

[/quote]

Any dog can be KC registered and it doesnt matter if both parents were Crufts champions I’m afraid, it wouldnt make any difference its still a ‘designer’ dog (albeit a cute one) but these crosses are only ‘designed’ to make the breeder money not to enhance either breed.  🙁

[quote author=kendal link=topic=13069.msg251926#msg251926 date=1226879766]
    hey welcome sounds like you have a wee charicter there lol.

keep setting the ground rules and she will fall in to place. but you need to get on top of the biting. if she is munching on your arm try holding her botom jaw or if she is biting you hard pop the loos skin of her lip between your skin and her teeth. that wat she will bite herself and should help stop the mouthing.  worked a treat with our first two. the third is only a day into our house so she need some time to settle.
    [/quote]

:nono: :nono:

*Lassie*

[quote author=Debs5501 link=topic=13069.msg251925#msg251925 date=1226877590]

First off….

[/quote]

You called Minnie an F1 hybrid
    You can get hybrid plants when you breed to take the colour or strength  etc from one plant and put it to another to improve the stock.
    Mum is a Beagle, Daddy a Pug 

And how does that mix improve the resulting pup?
    she is a cross breed.

The term she means the poster, if you had been male I would have put he.

Most people on here use one of their dogs names as their user name or the user names can be long, I didn’t notice that your name was on the post as like most people I do sometimes skim through the posts. This is not being sanctimonious, if you look at the time of the post it was getting late and I did try to offer advice re the biting.

[quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=13069.msg252008#msg252008 date=1226942586]
    I did try to offer advice re the biting.
    [/quote]

Which hasn’t been commented on yet. 

There’s a whole other thread on cross breeds, many pages long to go into the debate about how well bred your dog is.  If you really want to deal with the biting, please keep to that point in this thread  🙂

Debs5501

Which hasn’t been commented on yet.

There seems to be a plethora of advice regarding ‘biting’ – each one as interesting and as varied as the next.
    It still continues – this afternoon she almost burst my top lip when I trying to sooth her and encourage appropriate chewing/biting & constructive play with her toys.

Walking away / removal is the only one that works for us at the moment. However, I find this hard as I physically have to leave her, when I want to spend time together.

So thanks to one and all for your time, interest & advice.

Debs

Can you post a video of it happening?

Debs5501

I’d thought about that actually – so I’ll try and do something.

What will be observed, is her aggression as opposed to play – biting / mouthing.
    She eyeballs you, draws back her lips, emits this guttural growl and then launches an attack.

Had a male friend round today – so embarrassing as she attacked him as soon as they met.
    She really is a self assured, confident, naughty puppy.

*Lassie*
    Anonymous

[quote author=Debs5501 link=topic=13069.msg252021#msg252021 date=1226944982]

She really is a self assured, confident, naughty puppy.

[/quote]

Not sure I agree with that but I am no expert!

Its hard to tell exactly what is going on without seeing it so a vid would be helpful. However don’t just put her behaviour down to ‘being a naughty pup’
    keep up with the walking away and ignoring her, she won’t get the message the first time but the more you are consistant the more she will understand.
    This is the basic idea………
    Ignore all unwanted/attention seeking behaviour
    Reward all good behaviour (behaviours you want repeated)
    Distract what you can ignore

Of course you want to spend time with her – but you have to be tough now. I want to SEE her do it too – I got my thoughts but will wait for video.

kizkiznobite

hi and welcome

lots on here re all this

and a dog manager ..a good dog pack manager is NOT aggressive….

why are you smacking a 141/2 week old pup? aggression breeds aggression

what training are you doing?

and i am kizkiznobite for a very good reason…. 😉 that reason on here too…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime