Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Introducing Jake the Sheltie

Home Archive Forums General Category Puppy talk Introducing Jake the Sheltie

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    *jody*

Yep, Jane showed me how to do it, also looking at his teeth daily and running a brush over him – he’s been really good so far  😀

Only just seen this Jodie – hes gorgeous, hope he has setled in ok? Expect tons more pics as he grows  ;D

Misty23

He’s beautiful, remimds me of when I had a sheltie many years ago

Chewy

Absolutly gorgous. Love his coat colourings (I dont know much about Shelties but I think he’s gorgous)

Anonymous

Gorgeous puppy  ;D

awww lovely fluff ball  :-* gorgeous colouring  🙂

*jody*

Thank you everyone he sends little licks!

Got the vets at 5.20 so will be leaving in a mo for that. He’s taking treats now (just using Feelwell’s Probiotic ones) and only had 2 accidents today, majority of toilet is outside.

He’s getting very mouthy at times lol, and second night in the crate wasnt as good as the first, he’s started howling, but if I lay him down and stroke his belly telling hm he’s a good boy he settles a little easier (I cant ignore cos of neighbours and the walls are thin… trust me lol)  Crate is in our room at night.

Went through from 12 – 5 again, watched his big bro and did wee and poo, then took a while to settle again but got there eventually. Bringing the crate down each morning so I can feed him his food in it and he goes in off his own accord to eat.  Going to start putting him in the crate whilst its in the kitchen in the evening and leaving the room for a couple of seconds to get him used to being left so wish me luck!

He’s quite independent of us, but follows Dante around alot.

Anonymous

I would not cage him in the evening or odd times you are leaving him just put him in another room for awhile not long at his age and not always the same place.

Going to start putting him in the crate whilst its in the kitchen in the evening and leaving the room for a couple of seconds to get him used to being left so wish me luck!

*jody*

Okay, duely noted thanks  😉

Im just so paranoid about having a repeat case of SA, off to find the crate training sticky  ;D

Anonymous

Shelties are quick learners sure Rough will agree  ;D what you don’t want is the SA plus you don’t want to make him think………….Kitchen on own in cage………… better to think door shut mums next door, the cage has to be a good place somewhere safe for feeding sleeping not to sit in on own……………..Plus I will whisper this so the husky people can’t hear come close……….Shelties are thinkers and quick with it, the huskies unless they are racing, pulling a sledge are a bit on the thick side  ::)
    Val

[quote author=danhappy link=topic=11834.msg226178#msg226178 date=1214240732]
    Okay, duely noted thanks  😉

Im just so paranoid about having a repeat case of SA, off to find the crate training sticky  ;D
    [/quote]

*jody*

😀 I can see the difference in them already lol

There is only front room and kitchen downstairs, no door but stairgate, so just so I get it right, example, daytime (when he would first start being left which shouldnt be for a few weeks yet other that training leaving), put in kitchen, close gate, out of view, couple of seconds (gradually to minutes), then praise and lots of fuss on return – but not in crate yet.

Anonymous

Thats the way to go  ;D could you weave a peice of cardboard through the baby gate so he cannot see you, that is possible the mistake you made before as the fact is you are never out of sight just out the door.
    A dog that gets used to it’s own company is a dog that you can leave easier
    Val

[quote author=danhappy link=topic=11834.msg226213#msg226213 date=1214244027]
    😀 I can see the difference in them already lol

There is only front room and kitchen downstairs, no door but stairgate, so just so I get it right, example, daytime (when he would first start being left which shouldnt be for a few weeks yet other that training leaving), put in kitchen, close gate, out of view, couple of seconds (gradually to minutes), then praise and lots of fuss on return – but not in crate yet.
    [/quote]

.dodger.

he looks gorgeous Jodie :-* :-*

*jody*

Yep, I have loads of cardboard too from my packaging for portraits  😀

I can tell a difference, for example he’s asleep on the front room floor right now (thats the only thing he doesnt go in his crate to sleep, which is why I think its harder at night), but back to the point, he’s quite happy for us to mill in and out of the room, whereas Dante would follow us or want to and whine when stopped by the gate.  If I got up now and went in the kitchen and shut the gate he wouldnt blink an eye.

[quote author=Val link=topic=11834.msg226221#msg226221 date=1214244415]
    Thats the way to go  ;D could you weave a peice of cardboard through the baby gate so he cannot see you, that is possible the mistake you made before as the fact is you are never out of sight just out the door.
    A dog that gets used to it’s own company is a dog that you can leave easier
    Val
    [/quote]

Have you drawn him yet Jodie?  ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 140 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime